peugeot 307hdi lack of power

http://www.bba-reman.com/forums/Topic109991.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By papaninja - 7/30/2011 7:49:08 AM
new to forum and hopefully a fruitfull one...

here goes and i'll be as thorough as possible... be patient its a long list...

Firstly i'll get the embarrassment out of the way and own up to overfilling the oil..

car has since had lots of fault codes showing which have systematicly been sorted, p1446, p2002, p0400, p0401, p0110, p0235, p0100, p0380,

have had glow plugs replaced (Bosch) Air filter, Fuel Filter, Fuel cap sensor, DPF cleaned, EGR valve replaced, intercooler stripped and cleaned, MAF sensor checked and cleaned, air control valve checked, turbo checked, injectors checked, fuel pump pressure sensor checked but still no joy as to why i have no turbo boost... :-(

The garage is now at a loss as to what to do so i called it a day before the costs got out of control.. they did mention the BSI unit and possible TC selonoid but as i know very little about this, i wanted to ask everyone on here for any more clues and possible remedies...???

Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated.

Ian SmileSmile

By papaninja - 7/30/2011 10:45:35 AM
Forgot to mention that its a 2004 2.0 HDI RHS engine 110bhp hope that helps Smile
By powernut - 7/31/2011 3:37:09 PM
hi have they checked for leaky intercooler/leaky boost pipes,turbo sensor ,dose the engine start and rev fine (over 2500rpm?)

is turbo ok,any boost gauge fitted?

is fuel pressure right

fuel pump good,any leaky intank pipes

just a few basic idea,s for you?

By AntTheCat - 7/31/2011 5:51:11 PM
Maf sensor checked and cleaned worry's me, never been a fan of cleaning maf's personally, with all the items checked can you post actual readings found if possible, also can you give some descriptions of the fault codes listed as i dont have a chart/book/autodata to hand to cross reference codes, other forum members do have this though but it would help me greatly.

many thanks

By Angus - 7/31/2011 6:46:01 PM
Ant

http://www.pikit.co.uk/peugeotmt/psa%20eobd%20p%20codes.html

Additive; FAP; EGR; MAF; IAT; MAP; G/plugs.

I did write a long response to this last night; but the forum has got so slow - again! - that it timed out and I was too p-eed off to rewrite it all.

Welcome to the forum, Ian.

What codes return and is the MIL light still on?

By AntTheCat - 7/31/2011 6:48:31 PM
cheers angus, saved the site to my favourites. many thanks
By papaninja - 8/1/2011 4:47:06 PM
Lo again all,

Thanks for the replies and i'll try to answer them as best i can.... the report i got is not to hand atm but I'll post something up tomorrow, please bare with me, although i can answer the query about rpms. the car revs fine all through the rev range, just feels gutless Sad

I'll dig out paperwork tomorrow

Ian

By papaninja - 8/1/2011 4:49:31 PM
Angus (31/07/2011)
Ant

http://www.pikit.co.uk/peugeotmt/psa%20eobd%20p%20codes.html

Additive; FAP; EGR; MAF; IAT; MAP; G/plugs.

I did write a long response to this last night; but the forum has got so slow - again! - that it timed out and I was too p-eed off to rewrite it all.

Welcome to the forum, Ian.

What codes return and is the MIL light still on?

No codes return Angus and no lights on dash.. and thanks for the welcome Smile

By Angus - 8/1/2011 7:26:21 PM
Ian

What reading do you get from the boost pressure sensor at key on; engine off?

Is the intake butterfly valve operating correctly?

By papaninja - 8/2/2011 8:19:30 AM
Angus (01/08/2011)
Ian

What reading do you get from the boost pressure sensor at key on; engine off?

Is the intake butterfly valve operating correctly?

Cant answer that as yet Angus as the Mechanic who has helped thus far is away till Thursday when he said we'll get some "live" readings for you...

Having said that, my statement about NO error codes etc last night were somewhat premature, because on the way into work this morning "anti Pollution fault" appeared and engine management light came on.. Sad

Fooking car is doing my head in... going to borrow a code reader and see if i can get some codes for you.. watch this space!!

Ian

By papaninja - 8/2/2011 8:38:54 AM
fault code is P1457...
By Angus - 8/2/2011 9:59:50 AM
Ian

What definition did the scanner give for that?

By papaninja - 8/2/2011 12:00:00 PM
Angus (02/08/2011)
Ian

What definition did the scanner give for that?

only other numbers i saw were i think 01/01 if that helps although i thought that was meaning 1of 1.... not sure how in depth the scanner is but its all i could get hold of at the time... sorry Angus Sad

Ian

ps. i could possibly get hold of a "better" scanner that i know does more.... i ask around.

By Angus - 8/2/2011 1:49:57 PM
Ian

I'd guess that meant that it was the first code in a list of one.

Doesn't your scanner give you a text description of the code displayed?  What scanner is it?

By papaninja - 8/2/2011 2:39:27 PM
Angus (02/08/2011)
Ian

I'd guess that meant that it was the first code in a list of one.

Doesn't your scanner give you a text description of the code displayed?  What scanner is it?

Rite... 1st scanner used was a quicklinks T40...(cheapo) and showed P1457, just got back from seeing another m8 and he used a Snap-on scanner and that showed up P2002...!! Then we used another scanner and i can't remember what thats called, it showed only code P1457 which he cleared!!

The P2002 seemed to indicate particulate filter problem and also displayed live data but we were unable to print it out as yet... he did show me that the readings for particulate filter were showing 0 Zero.. not sure if that relavant or not though..??

Its all very confusing... :-/ sorry to be a pain Angus Sad

Ian

By Angus - 8/2/2011 4:19:30 PM
Ian

P2002 makes a lot more sense.

Detail everything that has been done re the FAP and the additive system since that code first appeared.

By papaninja - 8/3/2011 12:55:18 AM
Angus (02/08/2011)
Ian

P2002 makes a lot more sense.

Detail everything that has been done re the FAP and the additive system since that code first appeared.

Angus, as i understand it the DPF was taken off the car a given a thourough clean twice!! Elyos fluid topped up and NEW sensor in the fuel cap... thats it as far as i know.

Ian

By Angus - 8/3/2011 10:09:27 AM
Ian

What are the differential pressure sensor readings at idle and revved?

What percentage loading does the FAP show?

By papaninja - 8/3/2011 4:27:01 PM
Angus (03/08/2011)
Ian

What are the differential pressure sensor readings at idle and revved?

What percentage loading does the FAP show?

Angus, I'll be seeing the mechanic tomorrow to get some live readings and hopefully get better answers for you.. thanks for being patient Smile

Ian

By papaninja - 8/4/2011 8:11:58 AM
All readings as requested showing 0mb and 0% hope that helps?

Ian
By Angus - 8/4/2011 11:29:27 AM
Ian

Those figures should never be zero - they always give some figures.

Whether it's the fact that P2002 is logged [tried clearing it first?] and the ECU is thus ignoring the real readings - or whether the differential pressure sensor [under the battery] is water-logged and defunct is the next question.

By johnjo - 8/4/2011 4:23:33 PM
307 hdi exhaust differential pressure sensor  readings

0. 500 volts=0.0 mb    0.550 volts=5.9 mb  0.565 volts=11.6mb  Regards Johnjo

By papaninja - 8/4/2011 6:19:09 PM
Angus (04/08/2011)
Ian

Those figures should never be zero - they always give some figures.

Whether it's the fact that P2002 is logged [tried clearing it first?] and the ECU is thus ignoring the real readings - or whether the differential pressure sensor [under the battery] is water-logged and defunct is the next question.

Plugged in the scanner this afternoon, code wasn't showing this time but I'll check under the battery over the w/end, have a wedding to go to but will try to get a look.. cheers

Ian

By papaninja - 8/4/2011 6:20:49 PM
johnjo (04/08/2011)
307 hdi exhaust differential pressure sensor  readings

0. 500 volts=0.0 mb    0.550 volts=5.9 mb  0.565 volts=11.6mb  Regards Johnjo

Not that i know what this means (sorry) but I'll check out the sensor asap and go from there... thanks John

Ian

By papaninja - 8/8/2011 2:46:26 PM
Hi all again....

Finally bit the bullet and had the car diagnosed @ Peugeot main dealer near to me and was only £45.58 and free of charge they included a wash and hoover out  Smile

Anyway they came up with the following faults

Permanent fault, EGR control electrovalve fault: Consistency with air flow..... Sad

Permanent fault, Particle filter: Particle filter punctured or exhaust differential pressure info.... Sad

Intermittent fault, EGR air circuit fault: Airflow measured less than recommended...(but they think this may be as a result of the EGR fault electrovaleve thingy)

Now have to try to sort these and see where that gets me...

Ian

By Angus - 8/8/2011 6:11:06 PM
Ian

Time to check the FAP pressure sensor - and its pipes.

By papaninja - 8/9/2011 8:48:39 AM
Angus (08/08/2011)
Ian

Time to check the FAP pressure sensor - and its pipes.

Thats behind the battery isn't it??? If so I'll check asap but with all these riots kicking off i may get called out..w00t

Cheers Angus

Ian

By papaninja - 8/19/2011 5:44:06 AM
Quick update... Angus you were right Tongue located problem, blocked sensor and fcuked filter, new DPF bought and sensor but now the problem is the link pipe between sensor and DPF....its seazed in and nut has been rounded off....NOT by me but by the people that tried it before it would seem....

Now waiting to locate pipe from main dealer which wont be till sometime next wk as ALL thier pooters seem to be down....(fekin servers) I'm stuck @ a friends in Waterlooville and i live in Cambs.....looks like I'll be getting the train home and coming back down here next w/end.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers again

Ian

By papaninja - 8/20/2011 4:10:43 AM
Update:

New DPF and DPF pressure sensor fitted ( cured the faults for that bit )  but now car says there's Turbo pressure problem.... does this mean checking the hoses etc for an air leak....??? Have better power but STILL no real kick from turbo etc... anymore ideas Angus??

Ian

By Angus - 8/20/2011 10:34:20 AM
Ian

What sort of turbo pressure problem?  What's the exact code number?

By papaninja - 8/22/2011 9:52:02 AM
I'll try to find out...

Ian

By papaninja - 8/30/2011 9:01:05 AM
spoke to main dealer who says ECU needs to be told that new DPF etc have been added and that it'll cost about £60.... i'm sceptical but what choice do i have.... ???
By Angus - 8/30/2011 9:29:59 AM
Ian

Did you get the code number?

By papaninja - 9/1/2011 11:51:31 AM
Angus (30/08/2011)
Ian

Did you get the code number?

Sorry Angus, he'd deleted the code number...!!w00t

By Angus - 9/1/2011 1:27:31 PM
Ian

Teeth and pulling are coming to mind...

I can't see a new DPF causing a turbo pressure code.  (Although it may be preferable to tell the ECU it's had a new one, I can't see it knowing - although the DPF's pressure sensor is a different matter.)

By papaninja - 9/7/2011 11:00:10 AM
sorry not been about for a while... very busy and have left the car for a while in the driveway... will be chatting to the Main Dealer again soon and seeing if i can book it in for ECU update thingy...

Will keep you posted Angus... but teeth pulling is def on the cards...w00t

Ian

By papaninja - 9/16/2011 12:57:31 AM
FIXED.... Main dealer couldn't get the ECU to recognise my new parts including the pressure sensor, they convinced me that having a Peugeot genuine sensor would do the trick and it did!! go figure..w00t mind you, after charging me £200 for the fekin privilage it bloody well better work!!

So...... all codes cleared, ECU reset, Forced regen done and FULL power restored....for now!!   Ever the optomist aye..Wink

Thanks for all ya help lads and especially Angus Smile

Ian

By papaninja - 9/19/2011 1:24:09 PM
I spoke too soon it would seem...... after having codes sorted and a regen done, car ran ok........... for about 40miles... :'(

Taken back to main dealer who now says its an EGR electrovalve fault this time...!!

Part numbers PE0000161883 and PE00001628ZT they'll fit them free of charge but parts will cost £139.93 including VAT

Ian (a very very unhappy bunny right now)w00t