0015 code

http://www.bba-reman.com/forums/Topic126185.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Yans - September, 2012
Hi got a code from snapon code reader 0015 absence of communication with the engine ecu
By dave_1 - September, 2012
Hi
We are going to need the full details

Car? make model year?

Dave
Sorry citroen c3 1.4 petrol 2007 , car wont turn over just clickes at bsi unit & its not in eco mode thanks
By dave_1 - September, 2012
http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=citroen_bsi_body_control_failure
when i spoke to bba they said that it will need to be recoed as they send them back in a new state but in the add

These units are own unit rebuilds which removes the need for coding.
so wich is it !!
By cartech - September, 2012
I don't think they ean security coding. More likely configuration.
By R & D VEHICLES - September, 2012
Just to add every bsi I have had repaired has been virginised so I have had to do a complete recode. I believe some repairs are possible without losing data but I haven't had one yet
Simon
By K And R - September, 2012
Yans

"Hi got a code from snapon code reader 0015 absence of communication with the engine ecu "
What is live data telling you ? Have you scoped the CAN and VAN ? If not BSI fault is only an assumsion.
"Just to add every bsi I have had repaired has been virginised" yes they will be but BBA will extract and send the security code if possible (depends on why the BSI was faulty), but will need con-fig. which as far as i know is not possible with a (rubbish) snappy.
Have you tried the BSI reset as per Dave1,s link ?
Kev.
Tried the BSI resetbut still no go< i also have no heater fan in car
By Angus - September, 2012
Y

So what is the data from the BSI saying..?

Key recognized? ECU locked? What?

How did the fault occur?

Battery state?

What have you checked and tested?

If you think that vague one-line grumbles are going to get you anywhere, think again - we need accurate info on the complete picture.