2001 Qashqai 1.5Dci P0203 Code

http://www.bba-reman.com/forums/Topic174227.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By unklbobbob - Thursday, March 14, 2019 5:33:49 AM
*edit 2011!*

Morning,

For the past couple of weeks, when pulling away every morning shortly after starting my 1.5Dci Qashqai I'm getting a red engine management light with the ESP OFF and SLIP indicator warning lights coming on. 30 seconds up the road and the engine management light goes off (but comes back on when the engine nears 2000rpm). After 5-10 minutes of driving the engine management light no longer comes on and if the engine is turned off and on again, the warning lights go off. Leaving the car for a few hours and starting again - no lights. Leaving the car for a working day - lights on as the morning.

I have a cheap ODB reader and get a P0203 code.

A week after buying the car last summer, I had the turbo hose pop which gave a number of errors including some for the DPF, the garage who replaced the hose however did a check and found no issues with that at the time. I've had it on a few occasions (4-5 maybe) when accelerating that the car has juddered and the ESP OFF and SLIP lights have come on, but turning off and on again has always cleared things.

I've noticed over the winter that the car feels a little sluggish to pull away first thing in the morning when cold.

So far I've added a bottle of Wynns injector cleaner, is there anything I can check or do before I have someone look at it?
By columbo - Thursday, March 14, 2019 6:07:48 AM
2001?
By unklbobbob - Thursday, March 14, 2019 6:42:37 AM
Good spot, 2011 even!
By columbo - Thursday, March 14, 2019 7:19:03 AM
have you got a digital multimeter?

an easy check is the resistance of the injectors from cold, should be 200,000 ohm

injector 3 might be low causing issue.

plenty of vids online to show you how to do it.

those injectors are very troublesome.

good luck
By unklbobbob - Thursday, March 14, 2019 8:33:42 AM
columbo (14/03/2019)
have you got a digital multimeter?

an easy check is the resistance of the injectors from cold, should be 200,000 ohm

injector 3 might be low causing issue.

plenty of vids online to show you how to do it.

those injectors are very troublesome.

good luck

I will have one tomorrow, thanks for that Smile