new bsi headaches

http://www.bba-reman.com/forums/Topic175188.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By CP Autos - Thursday, August 08, 2019 2:59:09 PM
Hi All, my first post on here.

I have just purchased a new BSI from BBA for a customer's 2005 Citroen Berlingo as water damage had totally cooked it. Sent to our local main dealer today for programming and it now has a ABS light and no fault codes, strange.... The main dealer says its a BSI issue I'm thinking programming. The problem is I could tell they were not happy programming a part they had not supplied but as no one else is local to me there was not a lot of choice. I would be grateful for any suggestions as to what to do next.

Thanks

Mike
By K And R - Thursday, August 08, 2019 7:21:01 PM
CP

Can,t really help with the limited info supplied.

"but as no one else is local to me there was not a lot of choice." where is your local ??

"had totally cooked it." do you mean it did not even run etc ??

Kev.

By Iver - Friday, August 09, 2019 2:54:52 AM
BSI exchange is best achieved by moving the Eeprom across.

it now has a ABS light and no fault codes

Really !! Look again everywhere with a good tool

By CYRIL (T) - Friday, August 09, 2019 3:56:26 AM
Ive had this before ....due..to.

A selection in the bsi asks if its
HARD WIRED OR MULTIPLEXED..if you select the wrong one it will bring up the ABS light, a simple check .
Rotate the wheels see it the sensors are sending a signal from all four wheels..
There is however a on YOUTUBE an artical on how to program the bsi if you have Diagnostic tool.

Tip for everyone.
Before changing a bsi ,try to commuicate with it.
Go into configuration and note the whats it says.
Such as auto wipers yes/no, air con yes/no
So when you get a new one you have its details
By CP Autos - Friday, August 09, 2019 10:02:41 AM
Thanks everyone , it is just been back to citroen and apparently its not there programing , ABS light is on BSI knows ABS is on however the ABS functions correctly ????