chrylsler neon **FIXED**

http://www.bba-reman.com/forums/Topic34591.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By timbowkett - Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:26:01 PM
hi i have had a bad day today please help i have got the above car in with no cooling fans it is a two litre 16valve glx,the temp gauge only rises half way but coolant temp sensor shows 100 degrees C,through live data does anyone know if the fans are ecu controled, the car has air con but not charged at the moment,allso if not ecu controled anyone got a wiring diagram for this car,
By DaveH - Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:32:27 PM
Hi Tim,

How old is the Neon, I would say that most cars after 1997/98 would have ECU controlled fans (a few exceptions), Does live data not show whether fans should be on or not ?

Does it overheat ?

Regards

DaveH

By timbowkett - Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:42:26 PM
hi dave thanks for the reply the car is a 1999 (S) the car does over heat ect sensor is reading correct,gauge is reading to low,live data does not show if fans should be on,i have a three wire gauge and ect sensor in one i have not found a fan switch,please help
By DaveH - Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:50:50 PM
Tim,

Try disconnecting the temp sensor and see if the fan runs in "limp" mode.

My wiring diagram shows a 2 wire temp sensor and a relay controlled by the ECU.

Regards

DaveH

By manicmotors - Tuesday, May 16, 2006 4:00:21 PM
tim

is this vehicle eobd or mpfi?

martin

By timbowkett - Tuesday, May 16, 2006 4:19:07 PM
hi dave dont suppose you can tell me where the sensor and relay are could you,and martin it is eobd,and i have tryed to run it with ect disconected still does not run the fans do work when powerd up with probe
By DaveH - Tuesday, May 16, 2006 4:35:40 PM
Tim,

Info I have says temp sensor is located as per diagram Sadsorry haven't got location of relay)

I think Martin might have some different info !

PS if this was a Rover I would suggest that your expansion cap was faulty !

Regards

DaveH (Over to you Martin BigGrin)

By manicmotors - Tuesday, May 16, 2006 4:41:32 PM
tim

check your pm`s

martin

By timbowkett - Saturday, May 27, 2006 12:04:24 PM
fixed faulty relay fitted nearside front just under headlamp thanks all for the help