Vauxhall Zafira Aircon Fault

http://www.bba-reman.com/forums/Topic3601.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Keith_Miller - 4/27/2005 11:17:47 AM
Hiya guys,

2001 Vauxhall Zafira Z16XE

This vehicle has a cooling system warning light illuminated on the dash board and when checking fault codes we get,

P1540 A/C High pressure signal high input

The air conditioning does not work i.e the compressor clutch does not engage but there seems to be plenty of gas in the system. Another fault that may or may not be related is the cooling fan does not cut in either? I dont know much about air conditioning other than the basic principles of how it works so any advise would be helpfull.

Thanks
By CYRIL - 4/27/2005 2:01:15 AM
keith

not a vaux man , i would have thought there would have been a separate sensor some where, with regards  to the refridgerent getting hot, simular to the peugeot that brings the fans in full chat this also is checked by a/c ecu.

cyril
By Andy-01 - 4/27/2005 9:11:07 AM
Keith.
The A/C pressure sensor is in the refrigerant line by the condenser, and if reading incorrect will shut the A/C down. Its the cheapest place to start if the wiring checks out ok.
The other thing is the cooling module, which is cleverly located under the N/S of the front bumper, so it can get all the things a British road in winter can throw at it. I have been caught in the past changing the sensor, only to find out its the module fallen over.
By Keith_Miller - 4/28/2005 12:36:03 PM
Hiya,

Just to update Ive replaced the A/C pressure sensor and removed the module behind the n/s/f bumper and checked for any signs of water ingress, burnt out resistors etc. and it looks perfectly OK? Ive run the vehicle up and still get the same fault code as soon as I start the vehicle.

Thanks
By Andy-01 - 4/28/2005 6:19:40 AM
Ok, if you have replaced the sensor, and are sure about the gas content, it can only be two things.
1) Wiring fault between the sensor and cooling module, or the module and the ecu.
2) Faulty cooling module. Thats where my money is. Check with your local dealer, I bet they keep them on the shelf.  Wink
By Keith_Miller - 4/29/2005 11:27:20 AM
Thanks guys, stuck a cooling fan module on it today and it cured both problems.  ;D

Many Thanks
By CYRIL - 4/29/2005 1:52:34 AM
keith

thanks for letting the forum know the outcome

cyril
By sparker - 5/2/2005 7:42:31 AM
hi folks i have got a zafira with the same fault as this 1 do you mean you have changed the control unit under the n s front bumper ? i have so far checked the wiring to the control unit and have come to the same conclusion sensor or control unit also this is showing the same fault code
By Andy-01 - 5/2/2005 9:51:39 AM
Hi Sparker.
Yes. We were referring to the module under the N/S bumper. In Vauxhall speak its called the Cooling Module, and runs everything associated with engine cooling and A/C operation. Its not an un-common component to go wrong, but I think thats because of its location.  Sad
By CYRIL - 5/2/2005 10:12:26 AM
sparker,

if you have a simular fault to one already posted , can you use a new heading, we would not want to give you wrong info and set you on the wrong track.

as you can see we have two 406 with simular problems ,but their systems are total different.

thanks

cyril