BBA-Reman Forums

Vauxhall Corsa C 2001 1.7 turbo di diesel - Intermittent power loss

Posted By andymaroo 4/1/2011 5:40:38 AM
Add to Favorites0

Vauxhall Corsa C 2001 1.7 turbo di diesel - Intermittent power loss

andymaroo
 Posted 4/1/2011 5:40:38 AM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4/1/2011 5:40:38 AM
Hi guys,

Firstly Im new to this so please take it easy with me :-)

OK, I have a Corsa C 1.7 turbo di diesel that has started to loose power from time to time. its intermittent. at 1st I though the wastegate might be getting stuck open but after much thoughts I dont thin it is becasue of the following,

up to 2.5k rpm power torque is normal

after 2.5k power loss and the engone does not want to rev. Its as iff theres no fuel going in....... if it was the waste gate it would still rev off load (well I think it should....)

It happens every now and then but seems to be getting worse ythough yesterday I did 55 miles and noting it was fine and then on the return trip within 5 miles it had lost power after 2.5K rpm.

No ECU light apperas, though from talking to people in general it seems quite a common problem with this engine set up. Has anybody had the same problem and if so what do you recommend?

Thanks, Andrew

Angus
 Posted 4/1/2011 10:53:14 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)

Group: Advanced Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Andrew

Welcome to the forum.

The first thing I'd try would be a new fuel filter - particularly if it's ever had "dubious fuels" in it.

If that doesn't improve things; get the fault-codes and live-data checked.

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse