BBA-Reman Forums

Ford Fiesta Flight 2001 Immobiliser problems

Posted By forduser21 8/3/2011 6:08:24 AM
Add to Favorites0
forduser21
 Posted 8/3/2011 6:08:24 AM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8/11/2011 7:18:32 AM
Hello, I would really appreciate some help and advice as I have run out of options.

I have a 2001 Ford Fiesta Flight. It has only done 30,000 miles and up until the last few months it has been trouble free. It had a full service in March this year with new spark plugs.

A few months ago it started mis-firing and the red immobiliser light on the dash board next to the clock would come on. It lost throttle for a few seconds and then recovered. It started doing it more and more and then eventually it cut out all together and the engine management light came on.

I took it to a garage who failed to diagnose the problem. The fault codes that the car reported related to the immobiliser but after checking all the electrics, fuses and the key no fault was found. The memory was cleared and the car started running as normal again for the next few weeks.

It then started to happen again. Now it is slightly different as the car does not mis-fire. The red immobiliser light is permanently on yet the car drives but does eventually cuts out. It will start again immediately and can drive for anything up to 10 minutes (with the red light on) until it cuts out.

I took it to another garage but the garage could not re-create the problem I reported despite driving it round for over half an hour . It was hooked up to a diagnostic machine for hours but nothing was reported. I picked up the car and on the way home the immobiliser light came on and it cut out!!

I drove the car around this morning and it was fine so there is no point taking it back to the garage until it starts again.

So, I have a completely unreliable car that nobody seems able to fix.

Various people have suggested coil packs but I am not sure what to do now. I think the only way to solve it is to find someone who has had this problem and fixed it.

Can anyone help?

Thank you very much.

miketribe
 Posted 8/3/2011 6:36:37 AM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (467 reputation)Forum Technician - (467 reputation)Forum Technician - (467 reputation)Forum Technician - (467 reputation)Forum Technician - (467 reputation)Forum Technician - (467 reputation)Forum Technician - (467 reputation)Forum Technician - (467 reputation)Forum Technician - (467 reputation)

Last Active: 31 minutes ago
Hi and welcome to the forum,

What code reader was used in their attempts to get the information.

Do you have any live data?

Mike

Being in business would be fine, if we didn't need customers.

forduser21
 Posted 8/3/2011 6:40:17 AM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)

Last Active: 8/11/2011 7:18:32 AM
Hi Mike,

The two codes were B1600 & B1602.

After these were checked and cleared there were no further fault codes reported and at the last inspection nothing at all was found and I was told it was running perfectly! Only for the same problem to happen again a few hours later!

Thanks

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse