BBA-Reman Forums

Peugeot 307 no power/boost

Posted By benfm100 1/14/2012 2:23:14 PM
Add to Favorites0
benfm100
 Posted 1/14/2012 2:23:14 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1/17/2012 6:39:03 PM
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and am really hoping one of you knowledgable fella's may be able to help/advise me with a problem I have with a 2003 peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDi 110 (RHS engine).

I purchased this car about 8 weeks ago and it appeared fine at first, although i did think it was a bit sluggish (the car had been staning for approx 6 months, I thought it would improve with use), but as the next 2 weeks passed I noticed it was loosing coolant and was getting worse quickly.

It went to a garage local to me and was diagnosed as a cracked cylinder head. The head was replaced with a fully reconditioned one along with all nessasary gaskets and timing belt kit and coolant pump.

When i got the car back it drove much the same as before it was fixed (lacking power). The coolant loss was sorted though.

Over the next couple of weeks driving about it became apparant that it really was down on power.

It drives  nice and smooth and reaches motorway speeds ok, it's just really sluggish, like the turbo just isn't working.

My renault trafic 1.9 dci 100 is much quicker and you can feel the turbo boosting in every gear........The peugeot is a bigger engine, bigger bhp and soo slow,  you can't feel the turbo boosting.

The car went back to the garage who did the head replacement to try and find the cause of the low power, the garage did also agree that the car felt really under powered.

It has now had; New head, new timing belt kit, new coolant pump, new thermostat, new oil & coolant, new MAF (original seimens),  new turbo vacuum solenoid valve, new recon turbo, new air filter, new fuel filter, new EGR valve.

The garage have also checked all turbo and vacuum hoses and say they are all good, they have cleaned the butterfly valve on the intercooler side of the inlet manifold and the DPF has been put through a forced regen process (via bosch KTS200) and it completed successfully.

There are no fault/warning messages on the dash display unit and no fault codes stored in the ECU, yet still it has no power.

Please has anybody got any ideas as this car has now cost me cosiderably more than it's worth and after having it 8 weeks it would be nice to be able to use it (it's still at the garage now).

Apologies for my first post being more of a novelUnsure

K And R
 Posted 1/14/2012 2:36:13 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 12 minutes ago
Ben

Welcome to the BBA Forum BigGrin

"no fault codes stored in the ECU" useing what scanner ?  Live data tells a thousand stories !

Kev.

"If you dont KNOW how it works, don,t try to test or fix it"

Mad-Eric
 Posted 1/14/2012 2:53:06 PM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (504 reputation)Forum Technician - (504 reputation)Forum Technician - (504 reputation)Forum Technician - (504 reputation)Forum Technician - (504 reputation)Forum Technician - (504 reputation)Forum Technician - (504 reputation)Forum Technician - (504 reputation)Forum Technician - (504 reputation)

Group: Advanced Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi,

I would suggest you find a good local independant garage with the Peugeot diagnostic tool as I suspect the bosch tool is not seeing all the available fault codes and data available.

regards

Mad-Eric 

benfm100
 Posted 1/15/2012 6:09:08 AM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)

Many thanks for you quick replies.

The car is still at the garage that has so far carried out all of the works, they have been using a Bosch KTS 200. I shall see what they come up with and if they come to a dead end i shall suggest that it needs to have the ecu interigated by a peugeot spacific scan tool/software.

Please can anybody suggest what scan tool/software would best be needed to read any codes/information from the ecu?, that way at least I can advise the garage or know what to ask for when looking for another garage to help.

Many thanks

Robski
 Posted 1/15/2012 6:20:41 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (3,283 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,283 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,283 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,283 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,283 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,283 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,283 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,283 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,283 reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
PP= Peugeot Planet = dealer tool .

Rob.

Scan it, Smoke it, Scope it....... Don't just poke & hope it © ™ BigGrin
benfm100
 Posted 1/15/2012 10:58:26 AM
Saturday Job

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody on this forum knows of an independant garage in/around Letchworth/Hitchin/Stevenage (norh hertfordshire) area that does fault diagnosis and has use of Peugeot Planet dianostic software so I can hopefully get this car fixed at last?

Thanks in advanceSmile

K And R
 Posted 1/15/2012 11:19:00 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,233 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 12 minutes ago
Ben

I am beginning to think you may have a real Pup on your hands.

It may be some-one has re-written the ECU not to see the DPF or fault codes w00t

Kev.

"If you dont KNOW how it works, don,t try to test or fix it"

Essex Hyundai Tech
 Posted 1/15/2012 3:05:22 PM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (334 reputation)Forum Technician - (334 reputation)Forum Technician - (334 reputation)Forum Technician - (334 reputation)Forum Technician - (334 reputation)Forum Technician - (334 reputation)Forum Technician - (334 reputation)Forum Technician - (334 reputation)Forum Technician - (334 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago @ 6:05:02 PM
Mid EssexBigGrin

HYUNDAI/PEUGEOT TECH = GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT. IF YOU WANT HELP PLEASE SUPPLY THE LAST 8 DIGITS OF YOUR CHASSIS NUMBER
keith b
 Posted 1/16/2012 6:17:14 AM
Forum Tea Boy

Forum Tea Boy - (86 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (86 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (86 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (86 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (86 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (86 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (86 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (86 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (86 reputation)

Last Active: 3/27/2014 12:10:56 PM
"The garage has checked all vac pipes",but have they actullay checked vacum at turbo actuator?,you def need live data on this,you need to compare required boost against act boost,on this model there is a vacum resoviour under inlet manifold & the supply pipe has a habit of dropping off hth keith

I'd rather be golfing
benfm100
 Posted 1/16/2012 4:07:12 PM
Saturday Job

Thanks for your replies guys.

Spoke to garage today, they have put it through another forced regen ('successfully completed' according to bosch kts) and they say the top boost hose was rock hard during the process.....indicating that turbo is producing boost and that DPF cannot be blocked.

DPF system, I believe is working as it does do a forced regen and when the boost pressure sensor was unplugged the dash screen display instantly came up with 'anti pollution fault'.

Also the ecu was holding a fault code relating to fuel filler cap missing which just kept coming back (part of the DPF dosing programing), it was the filler neck sensor that needed replacing.  It was also replaced, fault now gone....a;so suggests that DPF system is working correctly.

I did notice last time I drove the car that it was a little bit rough/uneven at idle......like a slight miss-fire every few seconds (only turbo diesel I've driven like that).

The garage has said that there is boost there just not the power.

Chassis No; VF33HRHSB82957038

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse