BBA-Reman Forums

Audi A6 2.7 TDI Intermittent Electrics

Posted By The_Man_In_Riga Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:47:55 PM
Add to Favorites1
The_Man_In_Riga
 Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:47:55 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Friday, June 29, 2012 5:23:24 AM
I have a 2006 Audi A6 2.7 TDI Quattro and from time to time the electrics start blinking intermittently. The headlights, tail lights, instrument panel, MMI, all start flickering, but to date I have not felt that the car engine or power is affected. It happens on rare occasions and to resolve the situation I pull over, turn off the ignition and remove the key and then re-start. it seems to do the to trick, but its not a good feeling.

If it was the alternator at fault, surely the problem would be a more consistent? is there a fuse that governs the above? The condition seems to be sensitive to the instrument warning panel indicator, as I have noticed that if the windscreen top up fluid or brake pad warning signal (need replacing soon) appears, it provokes the condition above.
Any ideas?
K And R
 Posted Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:54:28 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (15,172 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,172 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,172 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,172 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,172 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,172 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,172 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,172 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,172 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday @ 6:49:31 AM
Riga.

Welcome to the BBA Forum BigGrin

Get a global code read done with VCDS. I,m sure they are as popular in Latvia as they are in the rest of the world.

Kev.

"If you dont KNOW how it works, don,t try to test or fix it"
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:55:41 PM by K And R
The_Man_In_Riga
 Posted Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:33:15 AM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)Saturday Job - (12 reputation)

K And R (4/24/2012)
Riga.

Welcome to the BBA Forum BigGrin

Get a global code read done with VCDS. I,m sure they are as popular in Latvia as they are in the rest of the world.

Kev.

I have a VAGCOM cable that I used for my wifes VW Passat, so that should also do for the Audi. Lets see what a scan comes back with. Cheers for now.
Crasher
 Posted Wednesday, May 02, 2012 6:27:46 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (4,207 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,207 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,207 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,207 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,207 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,207 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,207 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,207 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,207 reputation)

Group: Advanced Members
Last Active: Yesterday @ 5:10:35 PM
Open up the plenum chamber boxes and remove the Gold Fish and other fresh water species and then drain out the water, clean the corrosion and re-assemble. Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink!

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

The_Man_In_Riga
 Posted Monday, May 21, 2012 12:24:34 PM
Saturday Job

Crasher (5/2/2012)
Open up the plenum chamber boxes and remove the Gold Fish and other fresh water species and then drain out the water, clean the corrosion and re-assemble. Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink!

Thanks for your advise.
I'll get the fishing rod out and let you now how I get on Smile
Cheers
The_Man_In_Riga
 Posted Friday, June 29, 2012 5:24:21 AM
Saturday Job

RESOLVED
I concluded that the main problem was the connection to the battery where the positive pole connection was loose.
I have now driven the car for nearly a month and all is well.

Having taken out the spare wheel housing in the boot well and releasing the battery, I was able to get at the battery and check / tighten all connections in the area.
There are quite a few connections, so it was well worth while checking and giving them all a slight tighten. The main culprit was the the main + connection which could be slightly moved by hand.

I didn't find any water problems, but it was well worth while inspecting the plenum chamber in the engine bay as it did need a clean.
Thanks for everybody's help and contributions.

For more detail see: http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?132116-Audi-A6-2-7-TDI-Intermittent-Electrics

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse