BBA-Reman Forums

Peugeot 307, 2L HDi

Posted By baltic view 10/17/2012 4:08:53 AM
Add to Favorites2
baltic view
 Posted 10/17/2012 4:08:53 AM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: 10/20/2012 1:40:44 AM
Good morning England, is raining here too, mainly on me...

I am trying to leave the very pregnant wife with a car that works whilst I disappear to Russia to earn some money..
The car was repaired by a authorised insurance repairer who I find has botched it unbelievably, we are out of money and the insurance won't accept liabiltity for the repairer etc etc.
The DPF filter has been removed, the presure sensor normally attached to the brake servo has gone, I found the 2 pipes bunged and the 3 pin electric connector. As I simply don't have the money to replace the DPF and sensor etc, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to convince the ecu that all is ok so that it will ignore this known issue and allow warnings of new issues.
I have a basic code reader and by trial and error have managed to loose p0473 and p0470 by looping terminals a nd b of the plug. C appears to be a 12v feed. Not surprisingly I now get 472, low input/ short circuit.

Would something like a fuel sender unit , that I have, provide partial resistance between a and b ?
Do I need to restrict the exhaust, by putting a plate in the dpf housing? to create some back pressure to keep turbo happy ?

I am not happy about any of the above but having paid out for fully comp insurance only to be screwed by the repairer and presently job less I am forced into lateral thinking...

Also... The car starts badly, smokes white like a train at start up, this disappears after warm up ,it has 2 new injectors and the others were tested and reported OK. A while back whilst between elongated repair the engine over revved and stalled bearing this in mind valve stem bent ? as a likely cause? Do you have to take the engine out to look under "rocker" cover? Sad.

You will appreciate things are basic out here in the forests of Estonia and working on near Zero budget so any pointers greatfully received. I am no expert and have only basic facilities, height of car mechanicing being replacement of cyl head on TD5 discovery.

Thanks,
Michael. mesh6@mail.com

Georgio
 Posted 10/17/2012 4:56:42 AM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 hours ago
"" I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to convince the ecu that all is ok so that it will ignore this known issue and allow warnings of new issues.
I have a basic code reader and by trial and error have managed to loose p0473 and p0470 by looping terminals a nd b of the plug. C appears to be a 12v feed. Not surprisingly I now get 472, low input/ short circuit. ""

You will not easily fool the ECU - it looks for different readings at Ignition on, Idle and through the rev range - it knows what should be there and makes its calculations from many inputs - Air Mass, Engine Revs, Charge Pressure and so on. Search for DPF Removal and you will find people that can alter the ECU so it no longer looks at the DPF - Not Cheap though

"Would something like a fuel sender unit , that I have, provide partial resistance between a and b ?" - Will not work !!!

Do I need to restrict the exhaust, by putting a plate in the dpf housing? to create some back pressure to keep turbo happy ? If you have ECU altered then No you dont - the car will run without it.

Also... The car starts badly, smokes white like a train at start up, this disappears after warm up ,it has 2 new injectors and the others were tested and reported OK. A while back whilst between elongated repair the engine over revved and stalled bearing this in mind valve stem bent ? as a likely cause? Do you have to take the engine out to look under "rocker" cover? Sad.

How can you be sure you have a bent Valve Stem ???

You will have to remove the cylinder head first !!! Your biggest problem is here - The DPF fault will only restrict power.

"Zero Budget" - you may well be better off using it as it is until that changes.

baltic view
 Posted 10/17/2012 11:18:11 AM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)Saturday Job - (15 reputation)

Georgio, Many thanks for wading through my queries...
"Not Cheap though" but cheaper than new pressure valve and DPF? actually pressure valve and restrictor in place of DPF ?!
Admittedly I am not keen to have ECU played with but probably only because I don't understand how/ what the person would be doing.
Too much technology on these things...

bent valve stem.... wild guess on my part, seems to me either injection is very poor, but all were tested... or something else is causing poor combustion, I think the white smoke is incompletely burnt diesel? and tried to think of sudden cause of poor compression remembering that it revved itself off the clock once.. Alternate ideas welcome !

Yes it looked like the turbo seal was leaking oil into the air take, can't understand why it should get so bad as to cause the engine to run on air and oil mix for a few seconds and then subside but that is what it appears to have done...
Again happy to hear alternate theory.

Why do I need to take of cyl head to see if 1 stem bent? surely with rocker cover off and rocker/ cam shaft removed there should be some sign from on top??
Any way to take rocker cover off do i need to drop/ take engine out...looks horribly tight

Are you sure a lack of back pressure doesn't upset turbo?, I am just surprised

Cheers..

a.v.s.
 Posted 10/17/2012 3:17:58 PM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (354 reputation)Forum Technician - (354 reputation)Forum Technician - (354 reputation)Forum Technician - (354 reputation)Forum Technician - (354 reputation)Forum Technician - (354 reputation)Forum Technician - (354 reputation)Forum Technician - (354 reputation)Forum Technician - (354 reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
More holes in this story than in his exhaust.....

Garages bite back....
Georgio
 Posted 10/18/2012 4:40:34 AM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)Forum Technician - (642 reputation)

"Admittedly I am not keen to have ECU played with but probably only because I don't understand how/ what the person would be doing.

Then Don't do it - Replace the DPF and Sensor

bent valve stem.... wild guess on my part,

Good luck with the guessing.

Are you sure a lack of back pressure doesn't upset turbo?, I am just surprised

No, I cannot be sure - you could do some research on the www - DPF removal is out there

10/18/2012 4:40:59 AM by Georgio
baltic view
 Posted 10/18/2012 8:24:08 AM
Saturday Job

Maybe you would like to elaborate on "more holes in story" ?
10/18/2012 8:25:23 AM by baltic view
baltic view
 Posted 10/18/2012 8:28:23 AM
Saturday Job

Thanks to Georgio,

Just leaves 2 questions still..

Why do I need to take of cyl head to see if 1 stem bent? surely with rocker cover off and rocker/ cam shaft removed there should be some sign from on top??

Any way to take rocker cover off do i need to drop/ take engine out ?...looks horribly tight
Georgio
 Posted 10/18/2012 10:25:19 AM
Forum Technician

"The car starts badly, smokes white like a train at start up, this disappears after warm up ,it has 2 new injectors and the others were tested and reported OK"

""Any way to take rocker cover off do i need to drop/ take engine out ?...looks horribly tight""

I think that to get anywhere with this you may have to post

Live data - Compressions - Cylinder leakage test - Fuel Corrections - Condition of Intake system - Leak off test and any other testing you can do - hot and cold.

That may enable you to get an interest from someone with expert knowledge of your car.

baltic view
 Posted 10/19/2012 12:42:22 AM
Saturday Job

Thanks for that,Georgio I will see what I can get , esp the compression test simple, cheap and useful.

You guys get terribly dependant on software, lots of people don't have acess to such technology but with some time much can be found out by good old fashioned "mechanicing", take it apart, have a look , clean it put it back together. Takes longer, but people have more time than money and may enjoy/ want to understand what makes it work.

Kind Regards,
Michael
Tismot
 Posted 10/19/2012 1:06:55 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (1,333 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,333 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,333 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,333 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,333 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,333 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,333 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,333 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,333 reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
>>> You guys get terribly dependant on software, lots of people don't have acess to such technology <<<

Maybe not BUT the vehicle the vehicle does and we need to A) understand it and B) be able to talk to and reprogram it.

Mark

Modern cars, Its all wizardry and witchcraft
10/19/2012 1:13:13 AM by Tismot

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse