BBA-Reman Forums

X reg peugeot partner wont start

Posted By frichieb Monday, November 26, 2012 2:59:47 PM
Add to Favorites2
frichieb
 Posted Monday, November 26, 2012 2:59:47 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Monday, November 26, 2012 3:28:25 PM
Hi all, i have a serious problem with my 1.9 diesel peugeot partner van. the main fault is that it wont turn over. Its hard to explian the symtoms so i will do my best.

1. I put key into ignition and turn it so instrument panel lights up.

2. After a few random clicks the 'glow plug' light goes out.

3. I then turn ignition fully and all lights go out on dash board apart from the oil light and then nothing.

4. I turn ignition off and take key out.

5. The speedo keeps moving and clicking to between zero mph and below.

6. The right indicator arrow on dashboard flashes.

(both items 5 and 6 continue to do this for about 2 mins without the key in the ignition)

7. I then reinsert key and go thrugh steps 2 to 4.

8. Van still wont turn over but item 5 and 6 doesn't happen when i take they key out.

I hope this makes sense to all you techies out there cause i am completely flummuxed by this.

Another pointer is that my clock on the lcd sets itself to 1.00 as if the battery has been disconnected and reconnected. This only happens when i first try to start it. i.e. the following day. I have two batteries and they are both fully charged so i know that it not the batteries.

Any help would be well recieved and i would be eternaly grateful as i dont want to see by beloved van end up in the scrap yard.

Many thanks, from Rich.

P.s. sometimes my van starts without a problem but this is getting to be increasinly rare.
SB126
 Posted Monday, November 26, 2012 3:05:48 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (3,226 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,226 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,226 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,226 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,226 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,226 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,226 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,226 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (3,226 reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Have you done any testing i would start with earths around the gearbox
frichieb
 Posted Monday, November 26, 2012 3:07:49 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)

not had chance yet as dont finish work till late and it too dark. I know it sounds daft but how do i test the earth. Thanks
frichieb
 Posted Monday, November 26, 2012 3:31:59 PM
Saturday Job

I have done a quick test, running a jump lead from the negative terminal of my battery to various metal bits of engine, gearbox and bolts and the problem is still there but its quite dark outside so i will give it another go tomorrow. fingers crossed.
Angus
 Posted Monday, November 26, 2012 3:55:16 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (10,638 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,638 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,638 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,638 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,638 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,638 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,638 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,638 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,638 reputation)

Group: Advanced Members
Last Active: Monday, December 29, 2014 2:26:39 PM
F

That's a reasonable test for the engine earth if they made good contact on bare metal.

Do you have a voltmeter; or a bulb-type testlamp; or anything with a bulb in it - a 12v lead light? - that you can place across the battery terminals?

Have you had the battery terminals off? Could both batteries have a dead cell?

CYRIL (T)
 Posted Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:09:57 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (6,989 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,989 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,989 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,989 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,989 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,989 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,989 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,989 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,989 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
but did you take a lead from the gearbox to the body(not the battery neg)

Regards

Cyril

FORUM Administration Group

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse