BBA-Reman Forums

Audi A6 C6 won't start? Possible steering column? Help needed please.

Posted By Gingey123 Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:48:52 AM
Add to Favorites1

Audi A6 C6 won't start? Possible steering column? Help needed please.

Gingey123
 Posted Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:48:52 AM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (0 reputation)Saturday Job - (0 reputation)Saturday Job - (0 reputation)Saturday Job - (0 reputation)Saturday Job - (0 reputation)Saturday Job - (0 reputation)Saturday Job - (0 reputation)Saturday Job - (0 reputation)Saturday Job - (0 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:29:41 AM
Hi all,

As the subject says the my car wont start on the key. I have tried my best to trace and so far the start/ign module/steering column sees the ign switch and clutch pedal depressed but it won't power the two starter relays to start the car. With the key in the ignition turned to the first position everything works as it should and i only get fault codes when turning the key to the start position. I am currently starting the car by bridging the in coming power side on the first starter relay and the outgoing side on the second starter relay with a push button inline. It seems that this steering column module is what vthese two starters have in common so it is looking like the culprit. Just v/strange as the column unlocks etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated my poor little brain is fried?

thanks
wor-mate
 Posted Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:17:37 PM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (827 reputation)Forum Technician - (827 reputation)Forum Technician - (827 reputation)Forum Technician - (827 reputation)Forum Technician - (827 reputation)Forum Technician - (827 reputation)Forum Technician - (827 reputation)Forum Technician - (827 reputation)Forum Technician - (827 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Saturday, November 30, 2019 10:24:20 AM
please do a global scan and post results.

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse