BBA-Reman Forums

Citroen C2 Headlight Fault

Posted By Deano91 Sunday, April 19, 2015 11:08:30 AM
Add to Favorites0
Deano91
 Posted Sunday, April 19, 2015 11:08:30 AM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Sunday, April 19, 2015 6:10:02 PM
Hello all,

My G/F has a 1.4l Citroen C2 on a 56 plate. She has had the car nearly 2 years, and it has an underlying fault, which is becoming more frequent. The dip beam and sidelights are switching on by themselves, in the following instances:

*While driving

*When indicating

*When unlocking the vehicle (have to physically turn the lights on and off again, to solve this)

You can make the fault occur by switching the lighting stalk through the 3 positions, and back again. The dipped beams and sidelights stay on maybe twice in 10 cycles.

I have scanned the BSI and Steering Wheel unit on my Lexia, with no fault codes present. Using the live data, I have managed to test the lighting stalk which appears to work as it should, even with the fault present. For example, the stalk is in the 'OFF' position, the lights stay on, but there is no command for this from the Steering Wheel unit.

With the fault present, the BSI unit receives the dipped beam illumination request, even with the stalk in the 'Off' position.

I have looked over the wiring diagram, and my understanding of the circuit is as follows:

Steering Wheel Stalk Unit (Comm 2000??) sends request for lights to the BSI. The BSI sends a signal via CAN to the BSM, which powers the lights.

My 1st thoughts were a bad contact/short in the stalk unit, but with that checking out on the Lexia, I am now wondering if it is a BSI issue.

This is as far as I have got with the diagnosis. If anyone could help with narrowing down this fault, it would be greatly appreciated.
CYRIL (T)
 Posted Sunday, April 19, 2015 2:28:14 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (6,815 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,815 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,815 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,815 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,815 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,815 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,815 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,815 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,815 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
You forgot to mention if you have a rain sensor or automatic lighting. As this might help the guys.

Regards

Cyril

FORUM Administration Group
Deano91
 Posted Sunday, April 19, 2015 5:35:12 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)Saturday Job - (10 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Sunday, April 19, 2015 6:10:02 PM
Ah, knew I would forget something!!!

That was my initial thought, when I first started investigating the issue. It does not have auto lights or a rain sensor, I have physically checked for both, and there is no option to turn these options on/off on the vehicle. I have even spoke to Citroen to confirm this, as the fault became more frequent on the drive home from work in Autumn/Winter time.
I will check the wiring from the Comm 2000 to the BSI, and BSI to BSM, when I next get a chance.

I appreciate your input/responses, don't want to come across as dismissive or ungrateful. Thanks.

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse