BBA-Reman Forums

MOT Training, the future...BY TISMOT.

Posted By Tismot Saturday, April 02, 2016 2:00:56 PM
Add to Favorites0
Tismot
 Posted Saturday, April 02, 2016 2:00:56 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:04:48 PM

As you all may well know the training format for MOT testers has/is changing.

The NTTA (the assessment for technicians that do not have the relevant qualifications to qualify for direct MOT training) has finished as of the 31st of March this year and has been replaced with the IMI LV (Light Vehicle) Inspection assessment .

This assessment has been trailed up & down the country over the last year or so with an alarming failure rate (approx 83%)

With this in mind I have written a two day"Pre-assessment training course" followed by the assessment itself (so three days in total) that I'm delivering at Bosch HQ in Uxbridge throughout the year.

If anybody requires information regarding this training course or the assessment itself please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Mark

Modern cars, Its all wizardry and witchcraft
Monday, September 26, 2016 4:05:09 AM by CYRIL (T)
Blackdog
 Posted Saturday, April 02, 2016 7:26:36 PM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (711 reputation)Forum Technician - (711 reputation)Forum Technician - (711 reputation)Forum Technician - (711 reputation)Forum Technician - (711 reputation)Forum Technician - (711 reputation)Forum Technician - (711 reputation)Forum Technician - (711 reputation)Forum Technician - (711 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:01:19 PM
Going to watch this thread with interest. It amazes me how here in n.i the mot testing can only be carried out by dva yet the rest of the uk it can be done independently. An mot test here cost £30.50 and the examiners are allowed 15 minuites start to Finnish! The rules are similar to the rest of the uk and there is many pro's and cons to the systems. I don't wish to hijack the thread. If anyone wishes to discuss differences just add one post and il start a new thread on general discussions.

Assumption is the mother of all f😨😱k up's!!!!!
Thema
 Posted Sunday, April 03, 2016 3:58:42 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I never realised the MOT test was so different in NI. Maybe I should have known but I didn't so that interests me in itself.

But to do each test in 15 minutes? What do they leave out compared to mainland UK?

Peter
Thema
 Posted Sunday, April 03, 2016 7:40:30 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,545 reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I should have also said that is a very good thing Mark is doing. There does (round here anyway) seem to be a huge shortage of new testers coming in. When the DVSA were still running the refresher training (and the loss of that is a BIG loss in my view!) I was attending courses with around 20 others and there was usually only maybe one or two much younger than me, and I'm 65!

Another thing though...when I took the now defunct NTTA test there were people there taking it for the third time and saying how hard it was which worried me a little. But in reality it was the easiest exam I've ever taken. Honestly I'm not bragging but if you couldn't pass it comfortably you had no business working on cars at all, let alone MOT testing them. And I promise you any of the professionals on here (and a lot of the amateurs as well!) would have walked through it. Let's face it, the standard has never been set high.

Peter
Tismot
 Posted Sunday, April 03, 2016 7:59:51 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)

Last Active: Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:04:48 PM
You are correct in the fact that a lot of people failed the NTTA more than once, A lot of that was down to the fact that it was about more than just the MOT test itself.

People applied for the assessment thinking they were going to be assessed on their ability to carry out an MOT test.

Its replacement is no different from that standpoint, it's more about your general knowledge and competence within our industry.

It is set at level 3 which is what catches a lot of people out which is why I have developed a two day "Pre-Assessment" course to give people the background knowledge to tackle the assessment.

Regards

Mark

Modern cars, Its all wizardry and witchcraft
CYRIL (T)
 Posted Sunday, April 03, 2016 10:04:47 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (6,771 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,771 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,771 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,771 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,771 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,771 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,771 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,771 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (6,771 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 14 hours ago
I would suggest as Tismot post this very important changes and it has been approved by BBA ADMIN.We keep this for the UK guys who will have first hand info .
Without trawling through other posts

Regards

Cyril

FORUM Administration Group

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse