BBA-Reman Forums

Peugeot 406 stepper motor/Idling problem

Posted By peugeotSL Wednesday, August 02, 2017 5:05:01 AM
Add to Favorites0
peugeotSL
 Posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 5:05:01 AM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Friday, August 25, 2017 12:40:56 AM
Hi All,

I got strange problem in my 406, 1.8cc (lfy) and no luck with it so far Sad

All started with poor idling (with occasionally, sudden jerk when accelerating and lack of power). Scanning resulted with below and even after doing through cleaning/checking of throttle body, steeper motor, TPS, MAP, MAF, coolant temp etc

Engine ECU
Permanent fault: Idle actuator

Then I changed the stepper motor and it only lasted for few days. Same problems came with same error code.

So sent the car to dealer. They said that wiring is OK and problem with ECU which send wrong singles to steeper so it get burn at end. Make sense, so I ordered used ECU with new stepper but unfortunately result was the same. It ran only few miles without problems and gave the same error code.

It is very unlikely that my new ECU also having same problem (sending wrong singles to stepper). What could happened is some other part in vehicle damaging the ECU? I did read about famous coil pack problem in 306 with Sagem SL96 ECUs.

Mine also have Sagem but SL96-3 version. I'm wondering exactly which SL96 is having this coil pack problem. ? (As I red, it is related to SL96-1 and SL96-9). I want to make sure the problem before going to change coil pack , ECU again as it is very costly. Your input is highly appropriate here.

Also, what could be other reasons for damaging the stepper motors/ECUs ? It is very strange and I'm stuck here with this goes car
Any comments/feedback are highly appreciate.
Tismot
 Posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 2:19:52 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,834 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:04:48 PM
Stop doing parts darts, and get it to a proper technician.

Modern cars, Its all wizardry and witchcraft

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse