BBA-Reman Forums

Vivaro no power low revs .

Posted By Tazy201 Sunday, February 10, 2019 3:20:20 PM
Add to Favorites0
Tazy201
 Posted Sunday, February 10, 2019 3:20:20 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Saturday, February 16, 2019 5:51:00 PM
Hi all my vivaro 1.9 55 plate has no power untill around 2300rpm

Long story but Iv had Simla issue before along with other thing coming and going and a new maf fitted 23 months ago sorted everything.

Last Friday on motorway van lost all power pulled over restarted and was fine . Left for the weekend and started on the Monday it cut out and then started on second attempt . It had almost no response on pedal and got a little better each time i pushed it . It then basically has no powers at low revs untill what I have stated. The starting got worse and was taking like 5 times untill it would stay started. I have since found a small hole in the return to tank fuel line and temporarily taped this up and van starts now but still no power low revs ?

Vans doing my head in now and whoever I speak to has no clue . A mechanic come out before it would t start at all and said there was a code on machine of 1806 airflow/egr circuit. He said it possible could be a cable broken somewhere because it says circuit not sensor and that he can’t help me
Any help apriciated
K And R
 Posted Sunday, February 10, 2019 5:49:33 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Tazy
"Vans doing my head in now and whoever I speak to has no clue" code read/live data read with Tech2/MDI will give more that a clue, OK this won,t be cheap BUT

a good garage with correct equipment/knowledge will be the way forward.

Kev

PS was the MAF replacement genuine ?

"If you dont KNOW how it works, don,t try to test or fix it"
Tazy201
 Posted Sunday, February 10, 2019 6:22:44 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)Saturday Job - (5 reputation)

Hi mate thanks for the reply yes it was a genuine granted it was of eBay but was brought from a guy that loads of a forum for vivaro a have used and they all said it’s genuin it come in a Renault box and soon as I fitted it the van had sorted itself out. I had previously got a cheap one and had no success. I have spoken to a few garages and a lot seem baffled by what I have said. I don’t mind spending the money of someone says it’s so much but everyone seems baffled and could cost me a fortune when the vans not worth it Sad
K And R
 Posted Monday, February 11, 2019 3:21:10 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (14,991 reputation)

Tazy

With-out doing some testing no good garage or forum will give you an answer ONLY a guess a to what is wrong.

Do really what to spend money on parts on a guess ???

If you do my GUESS is your MAF is duff.
Kev.

Tazy201
 Posted Monday, February 11, 2019 1:00:40 PM
Saturday Job

Thanks for the input and I agree prob I got is most garages don’t seem to want to know and are at a lost end with what I have told them . The mobile mechanic was abit list with it
K And R
 Posted Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:08:58 AM
Forum Master Technician

Tazy

All this will take is good diagnosis by some-one who knows how to understand live data, maybe a little scopeing. What area do you live ? maybe we know some one in

you area but be prepared for approx 120 pounds for diagnosis and then repair using genuine parts ( not from fleabay even if they are suppose to be genuine).

Kev.

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse