BBA-Reman Forums

vrs octivia bmn engine flat spot

Posted By aron fields Friday, May 03, 2019 2:51:32 PM
Add to Favorites1
aron fields
 Posted Friday, May 03, 2019 2:51:32 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Yesterday @ 8:21:35 PM
back story car has been remapped and had the dpf deleted.

about 3 months after the remap, at 3k revs its developed a noticeable flat spot the about 3400 rpm it picks up again and starts boosting.

no fault codes

on live data on the snap on verus nomial boost requesting 2500m/bar, actual boost 2604m/bar at 2982 rpm

am i right to believe the car is over boosting and the ecu is backing the boost of as a safety precuation and that this is being casued by sticky vnts in the turbo ??
andymac
 Posted Friday, May 03, 2019 3:29:53 PM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (401 reputation)Forum Technician - (401 reputation)Forum Technician - (401 reputation)Forum Technician - (401 reputation)Forum Technician - (401 reputation)Forum Technician - (401 reputation)Forum Technician - (401 reputation)Forum Technician - (401 reputation)Forum Technician - (401 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago @ 3:59:20 PM
I'm sure others on here will correct me if I'm wrong but......

Re map and no fault codes always make me worry. I would not expect that amount of over boost to be causing a noticeable problem. These engines normally go straight into Limp when they over boost and power is not restored until the engine is restarted. If it was me looking at it I would be reverting to standard before I went any further. If it is a poor re map then you can expect a turbo failure due to shaft over speed sooner rather that later.

andymac
Crasher
 Posted Saturday, May 04, 2019 5:21:07 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)

Group: Advanced Members
Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:15:44 PM
I see a lot of BMN engines in various VAG products and many have had a DPF delete and then run like crap and the exhaust stinks. I give them two choices, new genuine DPF and flash back to standard or go somewhere else.

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Timbo
 Posted Saturday, May 04, 2019 5:50:09 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (1,094 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,094 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,094 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,094 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,094 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,094 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,094 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,094 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (1,094 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:04:55 PM
I would want to be looking at rail pressure actual v commanded as well as boost.

Also see if the turbo actuator holds vacuum through all positions and that the vanes are not sticky at a certain point (with the engine red hot)

If it were a mapping problem I would expect the symptoms to be apparent immediately after the remap- not 3 months later.

I also see some of these with various remaps, and some are shocking, some are very very good. We use a specific 'brand' for sorting out the 'post-fix' 1.2, 1.6 and 2.0 TDI's that VAG have buggered up with excellent results. They are DPF safe, but we see DPF-deleted cars too, which run beautifully. All in the quality of the software.

On a knife edge !
Saturday, May 04, 2019 5:53:02 AM by Timbo
Thema
 Posted Saturday, May 04, 2019 7:07:23 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (4,463 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,463 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,463 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,463 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,463 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,463 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,463 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,463 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,463 reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Purely personally if I get anything in with this sort of problem and it's been re-mapped I refuse to touch it.

Peter
McTech
 Posted Saturday, May 04, 2019 9:36:46 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (2,204 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,204 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,204 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,204 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,204 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,204 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,204 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,204 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,204 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday @ 5:27:37 PM
Timbo (5/4/2019)
I would want to be looking at rail pressure actual v commanded as well as boost.

Also see if the turbo actuator holds vacuum through all positions and that the vanes are not sticky at a certain point (with the engine red hot)

If it were a mapping problem I would expect the symptoms to be apparent immediately after the remap- not 3 months later.

I also see some of these with various remaps, and some are shocking, some are very very good. We use a specific 'brand' for sorting out the 'post-fix' 1.2, 1.6 and 2.0 TDI's that VAG have buggered up with excellent results. They are DPF safe, but we see DPF-deleted cars too, which run beautifully. All in the quality of the software.

X2

I O, I O, its off to work I go!
Crasher
 Posted Wednesday, May 08, 2019 3:18:31 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,099 reputation)

Group: Advanced Members
Last Active: 2 days ago @ 2:15:44 PM
Sorry but any responsible and environmentally aware technician would only offer to repair back to emissions conformity or show them the door...

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

aron fields
 Posted Sunday, May 12, 2019 6:40:16 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)Saturday Job - (18 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Yesterday @ 8:21:35 PM
it turned out to be clogged up vnts thanks

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse