BBA-Reman Forums

1999/2000 (W reg) renault clio - non starter and electric faults

Posted By Ladyhellfire93 Friday, August 16, 2019 5:43:00 PM
Add to Favorites0

1999/2000 (W reg) renault clio - non starter and electric faults

Ladyhellfire93
 Posted Friday, August 16, 2019 5:43:00 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Friday, August 16, 2019 5:28:36 PM
Hi. This is my first post and I'm a relatively new car owner so please don't judge my lack of knowledge!

So to start with the car has an immobiliser bypass installed and I only use the spare key for the car as the original master key was lost a while ago.
The car does and doesn't start, the problem seems to be getting worse and the weather makes no difference whatsoever. To begin with I turn the key 2 clicks and all the lights on the dash come up, including the immobiliser. Now sometimes that immobiliser light goes away and the car will start. However, sometimes it will not and then the starter motor will engage but the car just won't fire up and start. (I know that if it was an immobiliser fault then the starter motor wouldn't even engage, so I know that that is not the problem). My petrol light also appears to now not be working!
To add to this, when my handbrake is on the STOP light is also on, and it goes away when I release the handbrake.
Also, when I have my headlights turned on, whenever I touch the brake pedal the fog light on the dash comes on (but not my actual fog lights I don't think).
And finally, a couple of weeks ago my car decided to just stop accelerating. It didn't cut out, but there was no power to the accelerator, meaning I lost power and had to pull over.
And I don't know if it is related but, my inside light has loose wiring I believe as it sometimes stops working suddenly and then will work again after I push on it. No lights came up on the dash during this so I have NO idea what happened. I turned the car off when pulled over and it took about half an hour to get it started again!!

I have changed my spark plugs and I have tried disconnecting the battery for times and even overnight. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't.

Any advise anyone can give me would be very very appreciated. Thank you Smile
Blackdog
 Posted Friday, August 16, 2019 6:06:21 PM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (756 reputation)Forum Technician - (756 reputation)Forum Technician - (756 reputation)Forum Technician - (756 reputation)Forum Technician - (756 reputation)Forum Technician - (756 reputation)Forum Technician - (756 reputation)Forum Technician - (756 reputation)Forum Technician - (756 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Yesterday @ 5:49:12 PM
🤒 oh dear!
Quite a few issues here and I can tell by your post you know absolutely nothing about cars!
First issue with the immobilizer I assure you a 1.2 Clio will crank when immobilized so "it can't be that" it sure can!
Your fog light illuminating on the dash is a bad Earth on the rear lights, easy fix but the least of your problems.
Your stop light will come on with the handbrake it's a Clio not the most sophisticated systems.
As for the loss of throttle diagnostics is required.
I advise to visit a reputable garage for some investigations before doing anything. Before you do think hard about what value the car has and be prepared to be told it's past its best and uneconomical to put right.
Probably not the answer you were hoping for but reality none the less. Good luck.

Assumption is the mother of all f😨😱k up's!!!!!

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse