BBA-Reman Forums

Mitsubishi Shogun Sport 2.5TD 2006 model K94

Posted By Thema Tuesday, October 08, 2019 2:04:05 PM
Add to Favorites1
Thema
 Posted Tuesday, October 08, 2019 2:04:05 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
I'm a bit stuck with this one, although not in the usual way!
Customer complaint was that the ABS MIL had been on a couple of times but it was off when I had it in and the ABS does kick in. So, I thought, plug in my KTS an see what DTC's are logged. BUT no communication with anything, anything at all.It has a normal 16 pin OBD socket but it appears to be wired up in a strange way (which the KTS is supposed to be able to sort out for itself!) and the only wiring diagram I have is AutoData which is about as much use as they normally are.
The socket has earth to pins 4 & 5 with a permanent + on pin 16, which is all fine and normal and the KTS unit powers up but the only other pins wired up are 7, 8 & 9. That pin 9 especially puzzles me. It's a blue wire and as well as being pinned into to the OBD socket it is spurred off to a loose 10 pin socket nearby but that spur is the only pin in that socket.
I do have an OBD break-out box but does anyone have any ideas what pin does what, with what module?
I hope I've explained it all correctly!

Peter
still tryin
 Posted Tuesday, October 08, 2019 3:50:36 PM
Forum Tea Boy

Forum Tea Boy - (49 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (49 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (49 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (49 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (49 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (49 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (49 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (49 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (49 reputation)

KTS has the pin numbers on the screen if you select it, its on the screen for model selection. Hope that helps.
columbo
 Posted Wednesday, October 09, 2019 6:08:27 AM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)

Last Active: Friday, November 08, 2019 3:56:25 AM
you will need the K-line and L-line

K is normally on pin7

L is normally on pin 15 but mitsu put it to pin 1

pin 9 is just above pin 1 so it may have been removed and put in just above.

i have always been able to get full comms pinning out, hopefully its just your L-line missing for diag for all systems

good luck

oh and one more thing.............give it a wash.
Thema
 Posted Wednesday, October 09, 2019 2:05:29 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,618 reputation)

Thank you both, I'll get it back and try those suggestions. I should have tried the wiring diagrams on KTS but I was running out of time and, generally, the 540 box sorts out any differences in pin layouts itself. I haven't had to use the breakout box for ages!
But what still puzzles me is why that blue wire to pin 9 also goes to a nearby 10 pin socket but with only that one pin fitted (it is a male pin by the way). I suspect that isn't factory fitted but I have no idea what it's for or why it was done. The wiring splice is taped up, not a factory look if you see what I mean.

Peter

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse