BBA-Reman Forums

BSI Reset

Posted By PicoScope Saturday, December 21, 2019 12:55:02 PM
Add to Favorites1
PicoScope
 Posted Saturday, December 21, 2019 12:55:02 PM
Forum Tea Boy

Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Friday, February 28, 2020 3:52:59 PM
http://www.bba-reman.com/gb/content/peugeot_bsi_body_control_failure

Is that reset OK for the Toyota Proace van?

The reason for asking is that accessing the battery with the door closed might be very difficult or impossible?
CYRIL (T)
 Posted Saturday, December 21, 2019 3:33:24 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Dont know about reset ,but why dont you close the latch on the door with it open.

Regards

Cyril

FORUM Administration Group
K And R
 Posted Saturday, December 21, 2019 3:56:23 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (15,274 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,274 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,274 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,274 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,274 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,274 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,274 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,274 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (15,274 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 56 minutes ago
P

"Is that reset OK for the Toyota Proace van?" should be as it,s only a re-badged PSA.

"but why dont you close the latch on the door with it open." The way true engineer,s think Cool

As they say "Nice one Cyril"

Kev.

"If you dont KNOW how it works, don,t try to test or fix it"
PicoScope
 Posted Sunday, December 22, 2019 9:51:40 AM
Forum Tea Boy

Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (40 reputation)

"but why dont you close the latch on the door with it open." The way true engineer,s think Cool

As they say "Nice one Cyril"

Always better to ask why first. The door lock mechanism has a fault present which stops the inside door control from opening the door, possibly requiring a new lock. If then the lock catch is closed manually it might not release from the outside door handle, and I don't wish to take the risk. If the BSI control unit turns out to be faulty the customer has said he might consider getting a new van, so he won't want to purchase a new door lock, and if the job went pair shaped it would be me that has to sort his faulty door lock out.

Maybe it is always better to answer the questions raised with a factual answer than some sarcasm, after all BBA do recon these units so should be in the know.
CYRIL (T)
 Posted Sunday, December 22, 2019 11:34:18 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (7,044 reputation)

The chances of bsi fault on 1 lock is not a thing I have had in a Psa bsi.The door lock itself is more likely or wiring.
If its the same as Psa then go into parameters,actuator test and everytning to condem a lock will be there.Sarcasism dont think its on this Topic

Regards

Cyril

Sunday, December 22, 2019 11:56:52 AM by CYRIL (T)
Thema
 Posted Sunday, December 22, 2019 1:03:57 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Monday, March 30, 2020 1:21:14 PM
PicoScope (12/22/2019)

Always better to ask why first. The door lock mechanism has a fault present which stops the inside door control from opening the door, possibly requiring a new lock. If then the lock catch is closed manually it might not release from the outside door handle, and I don't wish to take the risk. If the BSI control unit turns out to be faulty the customer has said he might consider getting a new van, so he won't want to purchase a new door lock, and if the job went pair shaped it would be me that has to sort his faulty door lock out.
Maybe it is always better to answer the questions raised with a factual answer than some sarcasm, after all BBA do recon these units so should be in the know.

I don't see that Cyril was in any way sarcastic, in fact his was a very good and sensible reply to your first post. A lot of people can easily overlook that the door only has to believe it's closed for the reset to work.
But that aside you say the internal door handle doesn't work so it's FAR more likely to simply be broken or disconnected and most likely won't need a latch assembly at all. Have you looked? And why you think that suddenly the exterior handle will stop working? That's a "risk" we all take every time we open or close a door! Also remember that you're not talking to BBA you're talking to forum members who are prepared to help but do hope for a little bit of politeness in return.
I may not have made it clear but I'm with Cyril on this one and can't understand at all why you feel that you have to object.
And anyway what issue do you have that makes you think the BSI is at fault? You've told us nothing.

Peter
PicoScope
 Posted Sunday, December 22, 2019 1:41:59 PM
Forum Tea Boy

Thema (12/22/2019)
PicoScope (12/22/2019)

I don't see that Cyril was in any way sarcastic, in fact his was a very good and sensible reply to your first post. A lot of people can easily overlook that the door only has to believe it's closed for the reset to work.
But that aside you say the internal door handle doesn't work so it's FAR more likely to simply be broken or disconnected and most likely won't need a latch assembly at all. Have you looked? And why you think that suddenly the exterior handle will stop working? That's a "risk" we all take every time we open or close a door! Also remember that you're not talking to BBA you're talking to forum members who are prepared to help but do hope for a little bit of politeness in return.
I may not have made it clear but I'm with Cyril on this one and can't understand at all why you feel that you have to object.
And anyway what issue do you have that makes you think the BSI is at fault? You've told us nothing.

Peter

Nothing wrong with the post Cyril made and am sorry if I have mislead or offended him. I felt that the reply K&R gave was not really necessary going on about old school engineers. Old school engineers back in their prime probably wouldn't even know what a modern door lock had in it anyway, apart from the mechanics of it.

When I said I did not want to take the risk what I was referring to was that the door lock once in the latched position might not release from the outer door handle, and if the internal handle/cable or lock is at fault, I don't want it to be my responsibility to repair it.

The general chat section I used because I just wanted some information about the service BBA supply about the setting and resetting of the BSI units. I was not really looking for repair advice but now you ask yes the code [05FF] BSI internal fault has not cleared and the van won't start, so I thought if I try a reset first because the battery has been seriously discharged, then if that don't solve the problem it looks like a test plan to prove the BSI is at fault and then advise the customer, who can then decide what he wishes to do next.

Sorry if the post came across wrong.
CYRIL (T)
 Posted Monday, December 23, 2019 4:04:27 AM
Forum Master Technician

Its ok im not worried.But I do say this,we may be old but never assume we do not understand electronics on cars it all depends on wether we keep up with it or get left behind by it.LaughLaughLaugh
Have a good Christmas

Regards

Cyril

Thema
 Posted Monday, December 23, 2019 10:19:46 AM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (4,731 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Monday, March 30, 2020 1:21:14 PM
Hmm, maybe I did go off a bit too hard then, if so I apologise.But if the door consistently opens from the external handle then I really wouldn't worry about it failing to unlatch if you close the latch manually. After all it's the same function.
I'm not sure how much like a Peugeot this van is but one thing, is the van in economy mode? I'm guessing it might be as you say the battery went flat and it hasn't started since. If so then I have had luck with ordering it out of eco mode and then trying to clear the fault. With a decent battery I think it will stay out of eco for about 20 minutes. Costs nothing and worth a try?

Peter
PicoScope
 Posted Monday, December 23, 2019 3:19:15 PM
Forum Tea Boy

Thanks for the help/replies. I'll be looking at it soon enough and see what turns up. I'll post back when I know something more. Merry Christmas to all on the forum.

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse