BBA-Reman Forums

Fiesta 2005 ABS Light.....

Posted By JJ280 Friday, March 13, 2020 4:37:48 PM
Add to Favorites0
JJ280
 Posted Friday, March 13, 2020 4:37:48 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Monday, March 16, 2020 8:27:17 PM
Hi everyone, bit of a headache with a Fiesta in the workshop! So here goes!...….Crying

Got a Fiesta 3 door 1.25 petrol (Late 2005) in for MOT, no ABS light problem when it came in which makes things worse!...….

After its MOT, I found a broken nearside front spring, changed the spring and put the car back together...…..

With the car back on the floor, I found that the ABS light was constantly on!

Now this story isn't heading where you think.... the code that came from the car was c1165 (Right rear wheel speed sensor??)

Even though I haven't worked or been near the Offside rear corner, I decided to start with the rear sensor and fitted the whole rear ABS sensor wiring kit along the rear beam in one piece that replaces the left and right hand rear ABS sensors. Both rear pick up rings inside the drum look good, obviously both rear ABS sensors are now new, the electrical connection above the rear beam also looks good?

Now it comes up with codes C1165 and C1235!!! (C1235 is Right rear wheel speed sensor input signal missing??)

In live data while driving on the road, left front/right front and left rear shows the road speed when driving, but right rear shows 0 mph??………..

I have even stripped the front left corner where I fitted the spring again to make sure everything is ok there, and all looks good...…..Crying

Where do I go from here?? I am at the end of my tether...….Friday the 13th in every sense of the word!...……….

Any advice from you guys and gals 'in the know' would be most appreciated, cant see why I'm heading towards the 'ABS pump area' when all I did was just change a spring??…………..Sad
Friday, March 13, 2020 4:42:28 PM by JJ280
McTech
 Posted Friday, March 13, 2020 6:28:57 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Sunday, March 29, 2020 5:34:28 PM
I feel your pain.

Test at ABS unit - unplug loom at both ends and load test the wiring.

Have you possibly disturbed some wiring at the module end when replacing shock?

Can you swap rear axle harness over - right plug to left vice versa.

A few ideas - might help...

S

I O, I O, its off to work I go!
JJ280
 Posted Friday, March 13, 2020 6:57:25 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)

Cheers for the super fast reply Mc Tech

I'll have a look at the ABS unit wiring over the weekend

Doesn't look like the wiring behind the nearside front inner arch cover, (where I fitted a spring) has been damaged at all??

But the C1235 code says theres a problem offside rear??………….

I'll also try to swap the rear harness over this weekend and see if the 'fault moves'...….

Many many thanks for the help

I'll keep the forum informed of progress!....

Nightmare.....I was just about to return the car to the owner too...…….Crying
JJ280
 Posted Monday, March 16, 2020 8:36:19 PM
Saturday Job

Hi everyone

Just thought I would update on my customers 2005 Fiesta ABS light

Turned out to be the ABS pump/module unit itself (looks like I was just really unlucky that the light came on while it was in my garage for a front coil spring!.....)

New pump was stupid money (£1300 trade at Eurocarparts!) so got a numbers matching second hand unit from a scrap yard for £50.

Fitted, fluid bled through to each corner and codes cleared.

Light extinguished, Job done. Phew! BigGrin
McTech
 Posted Tuesday, March 17, 2020 3:27:48 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (2,477 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Sunday, March 29, 2020 5:34:28 PM
Well Done JJ - disaster averted - hope customer paid...

Mt

I O, I O, its off to work I go!

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse