BBA-Reman Forums

TEXA Navigator

Posted By jk 8/13/2005 6:24:29 PM
Add to Favorites1
jk
 Posted 8/13/2005 6:24:29 PM
Forum Tea Boy

Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4/26/2008 5:19:57 PM

Hi Guys,

I am a new member on this forum as I have just been directed to your site from another forum.

I have just purchased The TEXA Navigator mobile(Sorry I see you sell it too,don't worry I see stuff on your site I am also interested in)and I think I am Happy as it seems to be very Powerful but the problem I have is that It didn't come with any in depth info on how to use it(Just to set it up and basic operation.

I bought it from a local supplier in ireland and it soon became clear that he is a good and typical salesman(great to sell but backup not the best)

All I need to know is can I get some info on how to use the navigator to it's full potential.

I go into some settings and it is asking me for a code,What is this about,Should I have it.

I have signed up for the upgrade contract but when I try to connect on it's server it tells me that I am unsubscribed.I am interested to know can I recode second hand ecus onto another car with this model or do they have to be Virgin ones.

Any links or help on how to use this system would be appreciated.

Thanks for allowing me to use your forum.

P.s I am looking for a 1998 Opel astra X14XE 1.4L ecu and immobiliser ecu and key or is there any such thing as a freerunning one for this model

Regards JK

When Service Matters
Angus
 Posted 8/13/2005 7:17:41 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)

Group: Advanced Members
Last Active: 9/26/2014 8:34:12 PM

jk

Welcome to the forum.

It's a bit disturbing that someone takes a large sum of money off you and then leaves you with a virtually unusable product.  I'm not familiar with the security coding system of the Texa; but if it's similar to it's Marelli sibling, then whenever you install or replace the storage card you have to enter an 18-digit unlock code to access the encrypted model-specific data.

The difficulty of getting those codes out of Texa has been an ongoing source of rumours over here for some years: quite what the state-of-play is across the water I can only guess.  Was the shyster who took your money a properly-authorized Texa agent or just someone who was selling-off a batch of "orphaned" units?

Reading between the lines of your post, my advice would be to try and get your money back; as I've got a feeling you may have been well and truly stung.  Do Texa have any official "factory" representatives in Ireland, and if so, have you been in touch with them?

I'd be interested to hear what Andy's views on this woeful tale are: it clearly illustrates the benefits of only dealing with reputable companies.  Do you even have the interactive training CD that explains how to use all the numerous facilities of the tool?

jk
 Posted 8/13/2005 7:44:17 PM
Forum Tea Boy

Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (28 reputation)

Last Active: 4/26/2008 5:19:57 PM

Angus,

Thanks for your reply,

This was bought from an authorised dealer of texa.This unit does not have a storage card.It is a box that is standalone with a bluetooth aerial.I have no doubt that when the company are reputable.

The disk that I installed contains the latest upgrade and I have no actual problem using the system in theory.It is when e.g I go into the vauxhall vectra 1.6 model,then into the engine immobiliser ecu section, then to recode/reprogram it asks me for a code. I haven't a clue what code they are looking for.

I have been on their site but there are no links to anywhere of any value.As I said I have subscribed to their upgrade contract.I only presumed that the advertised weekly bullitins and technical help would be on this but I cant seem to get any.

Would I be correct to think that this unit can actually recode a used ecu to another car or in your experience do you always have to use new ones.

Is there any experienced users of this tool that you know of.

It is interesting you mention a training disk.The only disks I got were the set up and user manual,but this user manual featured the set up on to the computer and of the General use of the equipment. Because of the complexity of some of the procedures on some models I was expecting a manual of sorts on each model,or was I expecting too much(I got this with The snap-on Mtl2500 scanner.

once again thank you for your reply.

When Service Matters
Angus
 Posted 8/13/2005 9:47:47 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,628 reputation)

Group: Advanced Members
Last Active: 9/26/2014 8:34:12 PM

jk

Ahh: now things are clearer.  You've got the "wireless" set-up.  That's completely different to the Axone/Unicheck pairing and sounds a nice bit of kit: [assuming you can get the all-important support!]  I'm afraid I don't know anyone who's got one of these.

The code you refer to may well have to come from the dealers.  Many cars need a four-digit authorizing/security code before letting you re-code immobs and ECUs.  There are many different ways that manufacturers code their ECUs: some certainly can be wiped and re-coded.  There's no hard-and-fast rules: every manufacturer uses many different makes of ECUs on their various cars and systems, so it's often suck-it-and-see.

motor-diag
 Posted 11/20/2005 4:04:14 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (16 reputation)Saturday Job - (16 reputation)Saturday Job - (16 reputation)Saturday Job - (16 reputation)Saturday Job - (16 reputation)Saturday Job - (16 reputation)Saturday Job - (16 reputation)Saturday Job - (16 reputation)Saturday Job - (16 reputation)

Last Active: 5/28/2007 4:54:02 PM
hi not used site for a while but if your still having problems contact me i will help you if i can i own and been using the texa for over 2 years now

mark
K And R
 Posted 11/20/2005 6:20:17 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (12,674 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,674 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,674 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,674 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,674 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,674 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,674 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,674 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,674 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
jk

The Texa here is for LGV,s and HGV,s and is hand held not the navigator (pc based). The main problem with it, as you say is getting the info as to what it can and cannot do. If Mark can give some more detail on how good it is that would be welcome as i have been trying to get a list of what it can do for a while.

Kevin.

"If you dont KNOW how it works, don,t try to test or fix it"

ovy1255
 Posted 12/6/2005 6:52:54 PM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (564 reputation)Forum Technician - (564 reputation)Forum Technician - (564 reputation)Forum Technician - (564 reputation)Forum Technician - (564 reputation)Forum Technician - (564 reputation)Forum Technician - (564 reputation)Forum Technician - (564 reputation)Forum Technician - (564 reputation)

Last Active: 7/11/2014 3:48:11 PM
dont know if this will help :- but lostchip out of  keys on 206 contacted robertson key services he told me to get 4 digit code from peugeot cost 20 pounds he could then reprogram immobiliser

TERRY

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse