BBA-Reman Forums

(BSI) built in system interface (esp abs problem) peugeot

Posted By delboy1077 3/18/2006 11:29:40 AM
Add to Favorites0
smhltd
 Posted 4/2/2006 3:06:02 PM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8/7/2011 6:14:33 PM
Hi Davy glad you sorted it

The P0602 code is an ecu configuration code

U1208 is a CAN dialogue code (unable to comm with auto gearbox) but i cant help with the C1327

Once you have sorted the P0602 then i think the other two codes will disapear . I havent had chance to go through all the threads on this but i am sure that once the engine ecu and the bsi are checked for correct configuration and if need be re-set then everything will be ok

Your local dealer should be able to do an "automatic download" so that the ecu gets reset to its original factory settings

Personally i would also clean every single earth point on the car so its back to bright metal as they generally have a better paint finish than the rest of the car

Steve

Steve

delboy1077
 Posted 4/2/2006 3:33:33 PM
Forum Apprentice

Forum Apprentice - (142 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (142 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (142 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (142 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (142 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (142 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (142 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (142 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (142 reputation)

Last Active: 7/13/2014 6:09:34 AM
hi

i did have a download from peugeot about amonth ago.... is this the same as reprogramming?

i have cleaned the 3 earth point that i know off on the car.... that was in the engine bay all down to bear metal

thanks neil

smhltd
 Posted 4/2/2006 4:19:38 PM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)Forum Technician - (482 reputation)

Last Active: 8/7/2011 6:14:33 PM
Hi Neil (right name this time)

The download you had to your engine ecu wouldnt change the configuration . the configuration  will have to be looked at and closely checked by the tech to see if all the details stored are the right spec for your particular vehicle as it may have been inadvertantly changed by mistake in the past (its easy to do) if they are on bonus!!

The earth points you need to look at are , behind both headlights / inner wing area , behind the battery (battery removal required) , gearbox , both inner sills between the a and b posts , under the centre console etc

Regards

Steve

passy0401
 Posted 1/1/2011 5:20:49 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)

Last Active: 1/1/2011 6:13:27 PM
i had this before, you will still be able to go into faults on abs/esp on pp2000, if it says fault accurs whilst stationary it will be the rear abs sensors (you ill need to check gapping from rear hubs) if the hubs are rusted up clean all corrosion off and check to make sure clips haven't snapped off rear a.b.s sensors aswell)

does your car go into limp home mode at all whilst driving?

the reason why it will not communicate with pp2000 is because it can not reconise it due to a consistant fault in system (comms between b.s.i and abs/esp e.c.u)

i had this with my brothers car and spent months trying to get to bottom of the pain in the ***, even peugeot could not work it out, so i bought my own lexia 3 with pp2000 and spent alot of time (blood sweat and tears getting to bottom of it)

and turned out to be 2 faulty rear a.b.s sensors (very,very common problem with the 307 design) what happens is corrosion is builds up around hub unit and behind a.b.s sensor and it alters the gapping beween the magnetic ring on hub and sensor causing a high resistance reading, making the sensor give the e.c.u false readings. If left for a while and you don't correct it (which my bro did lol) it eventually damaged the sensors and i had to change them both (which rectified the problem).

you might want to look at the calibration on the steering angle sensor as well (because if the car hits a kurb or pot hole hard enough it will knock the steering angle sensor out of calibration) it can be checked on engine e.c.u under peramiter check if i remember correctly)

if all fails and you checked abs sensors, wiring and steering angle sensor the only other fault can be is if you have the bosh a.b.s system (as they have beeen known to be faulty) it is under passenger side inner wing (you have to take arch liner off) undo main harness plug, check for corrosion or water, if all ok you will need to send bosh a.b.s unit off to be tested as there have been known to have faults on circuitry leading to comms failure and shutting down into limp home mode all the time.

hope this helps :-)

kind regards dannyCool
a.v.s.
 Posted 1/1/2011 5:56:51 PM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (352 reputation)Forum Technician - (352 reputation)Forum Technician - (352 reputation)Forum Technician - (352 reputation)Forum Technician - (352 reputation)Forum Technician - (352 reputation)Forum Technician - (352 reputation)Forum Technician - (352 reputation)Forum Technician - (352 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday @ 5:46:05 PM
this post is five years old!

Wake up......

Garages bite back....

passy0401
 Posted 1/1/2011 6:24:28 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)Saturday Job - (2 reputation)

Last Active: 1/1/2011 6:13:27 PM
here's 20p ring someone who gives a f**k lol.

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse