BBA-Reman Forums

Forum Guidelines

Posted By Administrator Friday, March 24, 2006 9:36:17 PM
Add to Favorites0
Administrator
 Posted Friday, March 24, 2006 9:36:17 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (5,758 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (5,758 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (5,758 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (5,758 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (5,758 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (5,758 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (5,758 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (5,758 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (5,758 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:02:24 AM
Hi all,

after a couple of issues on the forum I thought it wise that I post some forum guidelines to help people get along and get the most out of the forum. Just to reiterate, these are only guidelines and not strict rules. We'll have no dictatorship round here I tell you! Smile

1, Swearing is not allowed. After consulting with other members we decided that the blury line of what is acceptable and what isn't would be too hard to distinguish. Please do not put swear words in your posts as they will be edited out by moderators and may mean that your overall post does not make sense (that is if it is not deleted all together).

2, If you have an objection to something that is going on in the forum, or a particular member, please send me a private message and let me sort it out. This is a much better method rather than turning a post into some kind of public bashing of someone/some practise.

3, Sarcasm and other human emotions don't come through on a computer screen. Smilies help for sure, but remember others may take what you are typing in a completely different manner to what you mean.

4, If you don't like the forum, please leave quietly. I have been a member of many, many different online forums (cars, computers, footy teams, networking sites) and the one thing they all have in common is that people will at some point in time fall out. A cause of this is often down to point 3. When the BBA forum started there weren't many alternatives for automotive problems, but now there are more than I've had hot dinners. We do consider ours to be one of the best, but if you don't feel the style of posting suits you, please go with our blessing and try to find somewhere else to post.

Members have had issues before but have come back. By leaving quietly you give yourself this opportunity. If you post a topic of hate at either BBA or the forum in general you may be shooting yourself in the foot.

And remember, you never know when you may actually meet someone offline, or need to ask a favour from someone!

5, Images in signatures can have a maximum height of 120 pixels, and a width of 480. If you would like text in your signature you can have a maximum of 2 lines.

6, Please no selling of any items on the forum without permission from Admin.

==========================================================================

That's it for now folks. If you have any comments on these please send me a private message. We may add/ammend to these over time.

Many thanks

Nick

Books I'm currently reading:
http://www.connectviabooks.com/swany/currently

Thursday, February 14, 2008 1:48:28 PM by Administrator

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse