BBA-Reman Forums

rover 75 cdt non-start

Posted By AL1STAIR June, 2006
Add to Favorites0
AL1STAIR
 Posted June, 2006
Forum Tea Boy

Forum Tea Boy - (46 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (46 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (46 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (46 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (46 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (46 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (46 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (46 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (46 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: January, 2009
had this 75 towed in non-starter,

automine has lots of info, looks like ecu (scuttle panel full of leaves!)

initial scan has thrown up following codes (snappy solus)

P1E25 SPEED SENSOR MONITORING (not sure about the e)

p1260 DELIVERY FUEL PRESSURE MONITORINGautodata doesn't have these codes.

car is y chassis 2000 2.0 cdt

the owners said they were having problems starting it before it packed up altogether.

any help?, cheers alistairSmile

July, 2006 by AL1STAIR
manicmotors
 Posted June, 2006
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (2,883 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: July, 2012
alistair

check the ecu connections for water damage also are the intank pumps running is there fuel up to the main pump?

martin

ps how much fuel is in it?

BENSAR
 Posted June, 2006
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (443 reputation)Forum Technician - (443 reputation)Forum Technician - (443 reputation)Forum Technician - (443 reputation)Forum Technician - (443 reputation)Forum Technician - (443 reputation)Forum Technician - (443 reputation)Forum Technician - (443 reputation)Forum Technician - (443 reputation)

Last Active: March, 2010
martin,

thanks for that, but i have just started looking at this and already it looks as if the ecu connections will be u/s because of water damage, as i said, the scuttle panel is full of leaves which block the drains, leading to flooding of the ecu!!!!!!

just before i left tonight, i plugged in again, intermittent loss of comms and spurious readings,i.e battery volts 103.3etc

so i think it is a safe bet that the ecu is ill !

can a virgin ecu be purchased for these or is it a dealer only part, 2nd hand any possibility with the ignition key and barrel?

CHEERS ,AL

ALL IN A DAYS WORKSmile

holowvan
 Posted July, 2006
Forum Tea Boy

Forum Tea Boy - (36 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (36 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (36 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (36 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (36 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (36 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (36 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (36 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (36 reputation)

Last Active: July, 2011
last one of those looked at the fuel filter assembley had come apart it is an absulut bas***D to remove and refit its on the ns under rear pas seat

same sh**t diferent day
keith999hall
 Posted July, 2006
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (20 reputation)Saturday Job - (20 reputation)Saturday Job - (20 reputation)Saturday Job - (20 reputation)Saturday Job - (20 reputation)Saturday Job - (20 reputation)Saturday Job - (20 reputation)Saturday Job - (20 reputation)Saturday Job - (20 reputation)

Last Active: November, 2010
had one off these the other day and the sensor you have mentioned is the camshaft sensor mounted on top off cam cover,that did cure my fault,i did speak to my local rover dealer and they have replaced a few of these sensors in the past.

Keith Hall
silverfox
 Posted July, 2006
Forum Apprentice

Forum Apprentice - (165 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (165 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (165 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (165 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (165 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (165 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (165 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (165 reputation)Forum Apprentice - (165 reputation)

Last Active: February, 2014
Had quite a few Rover 75 diesels none starting, normally the fuel pump in the tank packs up, which pumps fuel from the o/s to  n/s the of the tank where the pick up pipe is to the front, this in turn makes the front pump run dry the one on the bulkhead near the battery seizing it up, so you have to  change both  pumps. when this happens it sends up many strange fault codes                                                                       

where there`s a problem there`s an answer

jon103a
 Posted July, 2006
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)Saturday Job - (4 reputation)

Last Active: July, 2006
Gendan can offer lots of good fault code defs and you can get up to 3 per week free or pay about£12 for more- worth a look.

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse