BBA-Reman Forums

Mitsubishi Shogun sport with running problems

Posted By LOOSE_CLIP April, 2007
Add to Favorites0
LOOSE_CLIP
 Posted April, 2007
Forum Tea Boy

Forum Tea Boy - (53 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (53 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (53 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (53 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (53 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (53 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (53 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (53 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (53 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: August, 2007
Hi, I wonder if anybody can help on a problem I have with a 2004 Mitsubishi shogun sport with the 2.5 diesel engine.

It is running quite sluggish and appears to be pulling back as its driven. I have scanned the management system with Launch X431 and the only fault code was  49...over boost.

I have checked the turbo waste gate for freedom of movement which is fine. I have checked what I think is the EGR valve which sits on top of the cylinder head for movement and thats ok. The turbo can be heard when the car is driven but as yet I havnt stripped it down.

I have 20 mm/hg of vaccum in the vacuum pipes. There does not appear to be a MAF sensor  but there is a MAP sensor, the vaccum pipe to this is clear.

This is the limit of my knowledge of diesels and turbos im afraid and wonder if anybody can advise me on what I should test next.

Im not sure if this is relevant, but the turbo wastegate and the egr valve are continuosly open with the engine running. If I unplug the vacuum solenoids then they both close due to loss of vaccum. Is this normal ???

Thanks in anticipation.

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse