BBA-Reman Forums

Vivaro 1.9 dtI 52 plate code P180B

Posted By Sidcar Friday, January 02, 2009 11:53:36 AM
Add to Favorites0
Sidcar
 Posted Friday, January 02, 2009 11:53:36 AM
Forum Tea Boy

Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 12:17:38 PM
Happy New Year to everyone.

I'm wrestling with a Vivaro 1.9 DTi, 52 plate. EML light comes on, vehicle goes into limp mode. Fault code P180B, APP2 circuit fault, intermittent, is logged in the ECU. Using Autodiagnos unit, go to default list, with throttle closed, APP1 is 0.72v, APP2 is 0.35/6v but briefly dips to zero then back to 0.35/6. This happens in any throttle position i.e whatever the voltage it dips to zero and back. It has had an new throttle pot. If I put a scope on the 2 signal wires out of the TP both traces are smooth and hash free and the APP2 trace is constant (apart from a regular 0.1v pulse), there is no sign of the voltage dropping away and returning. Autodata do not give ECU pin numbers for the Vivaro (or the Trafic) or much else for that matter.

Any ideas anyone.

Sidcar

James Rushforth
 Posted Friday, January 02, 2009 12:00:52 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)

Last Active: Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:47:05 PM
Check the plug in the f/box nsf inner wing. Its where the main engine harness plugs in. Done three or four of these with those fault codes.

Unplug it and clean terminals up with emery cloth and contact cleaner.

Sidcar
 Posted Saturday, January 10, 2009 3:59:16 PM
Forum Tea Boy

Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)Forum Tea Boy - (25 reputation)

Last Active: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 12:17:38 PM
Thanks for that tip.

I've checked the plug, it looked ok but I cleaned the contacts anyway. I checked the app2 signal on the ecu side of the plug and it's ok. There was an earth lead on the chassis below the fuse box that looked a bit rusty so I cleaned that while I was at it. The reading for the app2 signal still comes and goes though. I've checked it with a Delphi code reader just in case my Autodiagnos was playing up and got the same reading. The customers has had to have the van back and it's been ok so far but I imagine it's just a matter of time. If anyone has any other ideas I'd be delighted to hear them.

Regards

Sid

DiffDiffDave
 Posted Monday, July 01, 2019 7:52:22 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: Wednesday, September 04, 2019 2:38:29 AM
Probably 10 years too late but might help someone else further down the line with the P180B code...

I just had the exact same problem, followed James’s excellent advice above, but still present, wiggled the wires at the blue multiplug in the fusebox with the engine running and the EML will go out and van will drive great, so for me it’s undoubtedly a poor connection at the pin/socket plug or the wire-terminal joins or even a fault in the wire itself (god knows which wire it is though!).

I am going to try a conductive paste such as MG 847 applied carefully to the pins to improve contact and protect the metal, hopefully this will get the circuit flowing consistently.
Monday, July 01, 2019 8:17:16 PM by DiffDiffDave

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse