BBA-Reman Forums

Peugeot 307 non start

Posted By pears 1/4/2010 4:28:35 PM
Add to Favorites0
pears
 Posted 1/4/2010 4:28:35 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1/4/2010 5:32:43 PM
Hi room! I have attended a peugeot 307 2002 2.0 petrol 16v this evening with a non start fault!

As it was dark i carried out ecu scan for fault codes and come up with:

P1621 Control module Long term memory performance / Immobiliser code words Not matched

P1153 throttle control

As far as i am aware the battery was good when the problem first occurred as the vehicle had been driven shortly before it was parked up. however when scanning the vehicle and cranking to check rpm ecu voltage dropped to below 9v and engine slow to crank over. could these faults be stored because of the low battery voltage. i know it wont start with voltage this low, i cant get back to it until tomorrow night with a good battery. if anyone has had the faults before with a good engine and battery i would appreciate your help.

pears

Angus
 Posted 1/4/2010 7:20:06 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (10,574 reputation)

Group: Advanced Members
Last Active: 42 minutes ago
pears

Welcome to the forum.

Those are multi-description codes that are ECU type-specific.  As this is likely a MM-IAW 6LP.

P1153 - Marelli 6LP.  Malfunction. Throttle stop learning.

P1621 - Marelli 6LP.  System anomaly. Safety.  [That may mean that it was in limp-home mode.]

The most likely cause of those codes is the already-noticed battery voltage problem.

Replace the battery; check for drains/charge rate and then carry out the throttle learning procedure that your scanner supports.  If that doesn't work; download the latest software into the ECU.

Also bear in mind faults that don't leave codes - like the crank sensor, or it's plug and fuel pump faults.  A look at the plugs can also be informative.

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse