BBA-Reman Forums

Advice Needed Urgently - Vectra C 2003 2.2 SRI DTI - DEAD! or is it?

Posted By niknbry09 6/18/2010 8:08:59 AM
Add to Favorites0

Advice Needed Urgently - Vectra C 2003 2.2 SRI DTI - DEAD! or is it?

niknbry09
 Posted 6/26/2010 3:27:34 AM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9/29/2010 7:34:21 AM
Hi All,

Thanks so much for all of your inputs to this thread, we really do appreciate it.

We went to Vauxhall yesterday afternoon to tow the car away from them, when we arrived they handed us the invoice for the one hour fault find and also the print out of what had been checked, I will put the details in at the bottom of this message.

Once at vx yesterday, we got in the car to prepare it for towing and found the key had been wiped completely and the foreman said, "just put the key in the ignition and it will set it back up!" which it did not, the imob light came on and the key no longer works!... we got a bit irate and told them we want the car back as they found it, and the central locking was working fine when they got there hands on it, three guys then came out and tried to reset the key but were unable too because it had all been wiped!, my Oh then questioned them further and it became quite awkward as they were tied in knots and they got very stuttery and could not answer my Oh`s questions.

My father in law was with us, he had spoken to the vauxhall tech team at Luton on Thursday and was told they could of helped the branch with the fault find as that is what they are there for, they were not too happy that we had been told they cant find the fault and they phoned the branch, then the woman I had been speaking with was quite sh*tty with me, as they had been contacted by the tech team to advise them...lol

I have a really strong suspicion that vx knew we would only pay the £350 for the bcm and therefore knew we would not part with any more money, so they decided to draw a blank because they knew they would not get anything else from us.

Anyway, we have know towed it to my in-laws house and we have someone coming to look at it next week sometime, he has lots of knowledge of vauxhalls and is not affraid to get his hands dirty, we will tell him all the things you guys have advised and hopefully get some proper answers to what the problem really is.

Thanks for everything Smile

VAUXHALL INVOICE WORK CARRIED OUT PRINT OUT DETAILS

Work Requested

Carry out Tech 2 test fir non-start

WORK CARRIED OUT

Carried out Tech test - 5 trouble codes stored

U2105 - CIM no communication with engine ecu.
U2105 - EPS canbus ECM message.
U2105 - EPS no communication with engine ecu.
U2105 - ABS no communication with engine ecu.
U2105 - IPC no communication with engine ecu.
Reprogrammed CIM - engine still not cranking
- tried to reprogramme body control module
- unable to do this as mandatory ecu message for engine appeared
- carried out vauxhall checking procedures for wiring - all ok -
- fitted new CIM and programmed
- engine will still not crank over
- replaced CIM with original
- injection pump will need to be removed and sent away to have it checked to confirm ecu fault
- may also require new BCM and CIM

*Customer declined further investigation at this time* - *B**L S**T they told us it is an irreparable electrical problem and did not offer us to go further - this was probably because they knew we would decline anyway but still should of asked instead of telling us there is nothing more they can do! Grrrrr

niknbry09
 Posted 6/26/2010 3:31:51 AM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)Saturday Job - (11 reputation)

markc (25/06/2010)
Is this manual auto or Vauxhal's hopeless semi-tronic system?

Hiya,

Its manual Smile
niknbry09
 Posted 6/26/2010 3:36:05 AM
Saturday Job

topbloke (25/06/2010)
There is a modified abs harness connector for this and other faults mainly losing dash and occasional no crank do you want /need the field remedy number so as to bollock the dealers,Regards TB

Hiya TB,

Thanks very much for your input, yeah please if you could give us the field remedy number that would be great Smile
niknbry09
 Posted 6/26/2010 3:39:39 AM
Saturday Job

clutchman (25/06/2010)
Hi guys,ive spoken with this lady a couple of times and she really has been given the total run around by the dealers,thanks for all your input.

Thanks for everything Clutchman Smile
niknbry09
 Posted 7/28/2010 6:17:50 AM
Saturday Job

Hello Everyone,

Me again......after 6 long weeks of pure hell!!!!

On my last update the car was towed to my in-laws and someone was going to look at it in the week. This was done and the guy drew a blank.

We found another garage nearby who have a really good reputation......they have had the car at there premises and have been looking at it and guess what???

THEY HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM......THE BCM, if you read all the post you will know that VAUXHALL DEALERSHIP said it might of been the BCM and we agreed for them to fit it but they did not do that, they decided between themselves with out our consent to put a new cim on instead then told us they were unable to find the fault!!!!!!!!! and told us the car is as good as scrap!!!!!!!

The garage who have the car spent a small amount of time and found the fault....What a bunch of brainless monkeys they are at VAUXHALL!!!!!!!!! and it has cost us nearly £400 more than VAUXHALL would of charged if they had done what we asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
niknbry09
 Posted 9/29/2010 7:34:21 AM
Saturday Job

niknbry09 (28/07/2010)
Hello Everyone,

Me again......after 6 long weeks of pure hell!!!!

On my last update the car was towed to my in-laws and someone was going to look at it in the week. This was done and the guy drew a blank.

We found another garage nearby called Robbings Motors, in West Drayton, Middlesex who have a really good reputation......they have had the car at there premises and have been looking at it and guess what???

THEY HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM......THE BCM, if you read all the post you will know that VAUXHALL BELLINGER, ABINGDON said it might of been the BCM and we agreed for them to fit it but they did not do that, they decided between themselves with out our consent to put a new cim on instead then told us they were unable to find the fault!!!!!!!!! and told us the car is as good as scrap!!!!!!!

The garage ROBBINGS MOTORS IN WEST DRAYTON, MIDDLESEX who have the car spent a small amount of time and found the fault....What a bunch of brainless monkeys they are at VAUXHALL!!!!!!!!! and it has cost us nearly £400 more than VAUXHALL BELLINGERS would of charged if they had done what we agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO AGAIN EVERYONE,
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD UPDATE, WE HAVE COMPLAINED DIRECT TO VAUXHALL BELLINGER OF 114 OCK STREET, ABINGDON, OXFORDSHIRE WITH REGARDS TO THE CAR NOW BEING FIXED DUE TO A BROKEN LIVE WIRE AND THE BCM BEING FOUND DOWN BY ROBBINGS MOTORS, WHEN IT WAS OK WHEN VAUXHALL BELLINGERS HAD THE CAR. THE RESPONSE I HAVE HAD FROM ALAN RIXON IS PURE DENIAL, HE CLAIMS WE DID NOT GIVE OUR CONSENT FOR THEM TO FIT THE BCM AND IF WE HAD OF DONE THEY WOULD OF FOUND THE PROBLEM - THEY HAD PERMISSION AS YOU WILL SEE IN MY THREAD. HE ALSO WRITES AND STATES THAT TO DATE OUR CAR IS THE ONLY ONE THEY HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND FAULT WITH AND SENT AWAY UN-REPAIRED.

I REPLIED TO ALAN RIXONS LETTER EXPLAINING HOW WE GAVE OUR CONSENT FOR THEM TO FIT THE BCM ETC AND ASKED HIM TO REVIEW MY COMPLAINT AGAIN AND ALL HE REPLIED WITH WAS "NO FURTHER COMMENTS TO ADD"

THERE IS NOT MUCH WE CAN DO NOW VAUXHALL BELLINGERS ARE DENYING BEING GIVEN CONSENT AND THE MOTOR CODES COMPANY THEY ARE SIGNED UP TO HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTLEY TERRIBLE AT FOLLOWING UP ON MY COMPLAINTS AND THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE TO PROTECT US AND GIVE CONFIDENCE TO US INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO TAKE OUR VEHICLES GARAGES WHO HAVE SIGNED UP TO ADHERE BY THERE CODE. VAUXHALL BELLINGERS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE LAST PLACE WE WOULD EVER THINK OF TAKING ANOTHER VEHICLE TO. WE ARE SOME WAYS VERY LUCKY WE WERE TOLD TO TOW THE CAR OFF THE PREMISES OR WE COULD OF ENDED UP WITH AN INVOICE WITH WHAT COULD OF BEEN THOUSANDS OF POUNDS FOR NOTHING!!!!!!
jonnyaykroyd
 Posted 10/21/2010 11:54:23 AM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)Saturday Job - (1 reputation)

Last Active: 10/21/2010 11:44:40 AM
I've just joined this forum after reading this thread which has been so helpful over the past few days.

I have a 56 plate Vectra C 1.9CDTI and the other day I broke down with exactly the same symptoms, steering wheel light, no turn over, "F miles/mpg" on OBD etc.

I gave a print out of this entire thread to my local garage.

Turns out in the past a small rodent has been living in my engine, chewing away at a wiring loom and a rubber fuel hose on top of the engine beneath the engine cover!!

Just goes to show doesn't matter how good diagnostics get or how many computers you put into a car, a mouse can completely disable the whole thing!!

Thanks again for this thread!!

Jonny
a.v.s.
 Posted 10/21/2010 3:30:36 PM
Forum Technician

Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)Forum Technician - (336 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:51:25 PM
Thanks Jonny, should come in handy if we get any similar type faults....

Garages bite back....
deano12
 Posted 5/20/2011 4:36:37 PM
Saturday Job

Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)Saturday Job - (3 reputation)

Last Active: 9/19/2011 5:16:17 AM
Hi all long shot but here goes i have exactly the same sypmtons steering light on and engine wont crank over any help really appreciated any one know wot wire was broke and where is the bcm
K And R
 Posted 5/20/2011 4:45:56 PM
Forum Master Technician

Forum Master Technician - (12,492 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,492 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,492 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,492 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,492 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,492 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,492 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,492 reputation)Forum Master Technician - (12,492 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday @ 7:47:15 PM
Deano

We hate this type of tagging on to an old thread.

Please start a new thread with FULL details of the car, any work that has been carried out lately, has it been code read ? any results of any tests you have carried out.

You can add a link to say you have read this thread.

Kev.

"If you dont KNOW how it works, don,t try to test or fix it"

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse